George's Best Bushisms of 2005

zacoz

While not a stellar year for "Bushisms", here are a few of the standouts according to Paul Payack of Global Language Monitor, which tracks language use.

• "Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job" - An ill-timed endorsement of the now-disgraced former head of the agency responsible for the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
  • "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda," Bush said in explaining his communications strategy last May.
  • "I think I may need a bathroom break. Is this possible?" Bush asked in a note to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice during a U.N. Security Council meeting in September.
  • "This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table," Bush said in Brussels last February.
  • "In terms of timetables, as quickly as possible ? whatever that means," the president said of his timeframe for passing Social Security legislation in March.
  • "Those who enter the country illegally violate the law," Bush said in describing illegal immigrants in Tucson, Arizona, last month.

Unfortunately, no stellar performances such as "misunderestimate" (to seriously underestimate) and "embetter" (to make emotionally better).

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17690657-13762,00.html

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.