A question for IMGBurn fans

skipit

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone who uses the latest version of nero is a beta tester anyway ? thats how they get the next release sorted out LOL.

also, i know a beta tester who tried out the sony 200 disc burner/changer unit . he wasted a 1000 x dvds just testing it !!.................. then i read the instruction book that came with it ,connected it to the right port and it worked =))

seriously, some things do creep thru , but as mentioned if you had 1000 testers, bugs and glitches will still creep thru

• 3 weeks later...

I have veeery few posts in here and I think that in all of them I always thank LUK! for how great DVDD was (is!) and for how great Imgburn is.

LUK! could be filling up his pockets with our money on DVDD and Imgburn fees and yet instead he keeps these projects free possibly only getting enough $ to pay for website expenses.

I use Imgburn over Nero because it uses way less hdd space and way less memory than the later.

Besides LUK! and "his team" give a much better support than a company like Ahead who is only after profit and don't really care about decent code anymore.

I still trust all my PCs to Ahead's WNASPI32 instead of M$ SPTI or Adaptec's ASPI but that's all they'll get from me these days :D.

I am only worried that one day some company does with Imgburn what "you-know-who company" did with DVDD.

I'm not talking about the past, I'm only talking about the future.

I'm not saying that Imgburn should go open source, I'm just saying that a small handful of people should always have access to the sources just in case those suckers do it again.

These things worry me a lot, you know?

Other than that it's a blessing having both LUK!'s tools and use them legitimately every single day :sorcerer: .

Cheers and happy 2008

I am only worried that one day some company does with Imgburn what "you-know-who company" did with DVDD.

Why should they? We are a burning software and have no decryption algorithms at all. If they did that, they'd need to shut down Ner0, Roxio and the rest of them, too.

Regards

Why should they? We are a burning software and have no decryption algorithms at all. If they did that, they'd need to shut down Ner0, Roxio and the rest of them, too.

Regards

I have to totally agree w/Blu here. ImgBurn is not a decrypting tool by any stretch of the imagination. How you get files on your drive is up to you, but programs that burn whatever data you have to portable media are not a target of any agency that I know of. :thumbup:

LOCO (and, to an extent, Altercuno),

Some software companies push beta releases on the general public and basically have them be their beta testers. M$ did this with IE7 and other stuff, including Vista (yuk!), IIRC. In the DVD field, we see stuff like AnyDVD and DVDFab pushing out many betas.

Sometimes, something doesn't quite work right with a new feature or idea. That's a fact. Witness the crap going on at the DVD Fab forum with rips not being compliant. So, releasing betas, while it has its advantages of having a wider test group, also in a way, impugns the product when things don't go 100%.

i agree...dvdfab should have internal beta testers instead of having its users test it...dvdfab works fine to rip movies to the harddrive...but i'd rather use vobblanker or pgcedit to remove unwanted stuff.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You gunna get more excited if it's a 3.x? Would that connote a bigger upgrade than 2.4.0.0?

Won't get it released any quicker, nor will it include any features that are not planned to be included :)

Regards

I use Nero when I have to but its more fiddly insisting on multisession not finalising the disc ect

imgburn is quick and easy to use and gets used much more

Try making an imige with nero its messy, imgburn simple

I've been known to:

1) create a Windows install disc ISO with nLite then burn it with ImgBurn (like I am at this moment)

2) create an audio CD in Nero, write an NRG, and burn it with ImgBurn...

3) create a bootable disc image with VFD (Virtual Floppy Drive/r) then make a bootable CD/DVD with ImgBurn...

4) go out of my way to find a way to make a program spit out an image instead of burning, so I can burn it with ImgBurn.

ImgBurn just rules that hard. It tells me everything about the drive. It IS everything I'd ever need to do with any optical drive. It's the universal do-all know-all burner program. It solves all problems and ends world hunger.

Now if only it could do its own disc-scanning without relying on a payware/bugware/mehware program like DvdInfoPro... but then again, ImgBurn is just that (ImgBURN), right? ;)

Edited by Falcon

Good Post Falcon, I'm often using it the very same way. After Nero 5, 6, and 7...I jumped off the Nero wagon to find something better. I mostly use Nero 6 now if I ever need something ImgBurn can't do. Usually as a quick audio file converter- mp3->wav, wav->mp3, making audio CD (Just cause I haven't went to the latest because some issues with features I use a lot still in the works waiting on next release, etc). I haven't noticed the option, but a post above mentioned the AUDIO_TS folder...one thing Nero does is allows me to remove that folder. Any chance on getting that as an option for ImgBurn if not there?

Other than that I've been pretty ticked at Nero's release practices. With 6, 7, and 8 they released them and made us pay for them when the previous still had bugs. Then started forcing us to get spyware toolbars and other garbage with their releases (Most AV even kill the install when finding them). They no longer release smaller by language files either and you have to download the huge Multi-Language version. I used to use WinRAR to strip things out and resave the installer, then it started corrupting the actual install like it checks for the spyware being there??? Then they went to this 7-Zip stuff I couldn't crack well. I complained about this in a pretty rude manor on their forums and told others not using ImgBurn to come on over. It was up 2-3 days before the idiots noticed, they banned me now...like that was a big threat! Not going back anyway!

Keep up the great work. Can't wait till next version to try all the new features. New version does audio...but does it or the next do Audio CD Text? With that all I'd need would be a good 3rd Party audio converter and I'd have everything. If only LUK did Video Editing...hehehe I've been looking at something like DVD LAb...still a little pricey, but has nice low level features the big apps don't do.

Edited by weisborg

I just got a new burner and it had that Ner0 Express 7.x bundled with it. Didn't even bother to install it. :)

The store didn't have a non-bundled unit. Would have saved me $7 (which is $7 more than Ner0 is worth).

Regards

I mainly use ImgBurn simply because of its sheer speed compared to Ner0. I tend to use other (free) tools to do the things that ImgBurn can't do. Its easy to use and very informative. Big thanks again to LUK! (high five).

Edited by JasonFriday13

It takes up no room and adds to compliance (although I have seen plenty of DVDs without it).

Regards

Yeah, Most early DVDs never had it, but I have seen a lot of new ones with it...and I think Nero 7 is when I started seeing it added in the file list. Some New DVDs actually have files there. I thought that folder was for DVD Audio discs...I wonder what the files are that are in there? Perhaps pointers to the audio of the movie so it plays? Or, just a message saying it is a Video Disc? The files are usually really small. Just the option to have it off is all I needed even though it may not be compliant.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.