Small Feature Request

Anthony1uk

Hi,

I am hoping this would be a simple feature to request, but would it be possible to add the ability for Imgburn to say which layer on a Dual Layer DVD is currently being burnt to during a dual layer DVD burn.

My reason for asking is that from what I have read most burn errors occur during the switch over from first to second layers.

And therefore I am waiting to see if the burn goes all right during the switch over.

However as it takes ~50 minutes to burn a disk I am never certain which layer I am currently on.

Thanks

Anthony

Edited by Anthony1uk

• 2 months later...

Figured I'd add this here since it has to do with the log window too. Not sure if it is too late for the current build or not, but any chance of getting the Project name that loaded to log? Right now it just confirms that the project loaded, but doesn't give the project name. I often have 3-4 projects I burn after updating files and it is hard to tell which one is currently open. Might even be good to always have it visible in the titlebar or something too.

Another thing that is in the log that reminded me of another question was Tray Cycling before verify. I noticed Nero doesn't do this on DVD and only does it on CD. Is there any logic/reasoning behind when the tray needs cycled like RAM, Disc Type, Phase of the Moon, etc. Sometimes it freaks the dog out and he likes to jump at it. One of these days he is going to beat it closed.

Tray recycling is necessary to re-initialise the drive and ensure it can read the DVD's TOC etc. Cos Ner0 doesn't do it, doesn't make it wrong.

Regards

I know it is needed...although I always thought it was more because the drive's cache needs cleared and without it the verify wouldn't work because it would read from the cache in memory instead of the physical disc. I was guessing DVD is cached differently and maybe had a clear option or was that the disc is larger than RAM, so the cache didn't work the same as CD was why they didn't do it. Without ejecting I've still had discs report as different, so I guess it still works...I was just trying to figure out why they stopped doing it for DVD.

Anyway, thanks LUK for putting it in the Log for the filename. I kinda figured it worked the way you describe. Really, if you think about it...a lot of software works that way. It is just a matter of storing the name and allowing just clicking save to save back to the same name behind the scenes. In programming, it is all just reading and writing, there never is any magic connection between app and file other than it having the file open when needed. I usually store the filename in a Global and use it when calling the GetOpenFilename/GetSaveFilename API, then it pre-populates the name with the last file too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.