ImgBurn burns files in alphabetical order. Can this be changed?

SIMPLE_GUY

Hi, everyone!

I was burning some Divx movies to a disc using Imgburn. I wanted them to be burned in a order i added them to the program (example below)

15735940zf8.png

But ImgBurn burned them in alphabetical order, not in the order files were added for burning.

I wanted files to be burned in this order: (example)

Shaggy dog, Love bug, White christmas, It's a wonderful life, Christmas story

I just wanted them to be played in a specific order,

but instead, i got them on a disc in this order:

Christmas story, It's a wonderful life, Love bug, Shaggy dog, White christmas

I know, i can number files in the order which i want them to be burned to a disc (example below)

But i don't like to number files.

23300575tg3.png

Is there a way to prevent ImgBurn sorting files to alphabetical order. I know Nero doesn't sort files, but burns them to a disc preserving order in which files were added for burning.

Thanks!

This has been implemented for the next version.

The thing is, the file system still has to have them listed alphabetically, you can't avoid that. So all you're doing is changing the physical position of the file on the disc.

It would be weird if the player used the Start LBA address to order the files rather than the order they're in within the file system - i.e. alphabetically.

• 4 months later...
This has been implemented for the next version.

The thing is, the file system still has to have them listed alphabetically, you can't avoid that. So all you're doing is changing the physical position of the file on the disc.

It would be weird if the player used the Start LBA address to order the files rather than the order they're in within the file system - i.e. alphabetically.

Well, now i have ImgBurn v2.4.0.0 :thumbup:

And here i'm again with the question - "Is there a way to prevent ImgBurn sorting files to alphabetical order? I know Nero doesn't sort files, but burns them to a disc preserving order in which files were added for burning."

Thanks.

'Sort Files By Source List Order' in the settings on the build tab.

Thanks a lot LIGHTNING UK! !!!

But in new version i'm not sure with 'UDF Revision' what to choose.

And what to choose when recording music, what to choose when recording AVI files, and what to choose when burning VIDEO_TS folder or image?

I need advise.

Thanks.

Leave it on 1.02, it's the most compatible.

Only change it (to 2.50 or 2.60) when burning HD DVD or Blu-ray.

Just to be clear, when you say 'music' do you mean as an audio disc (CD-DA) ? If so, that's not done in build mode. We have a guide for burning Audio CD.

If you just want MP3's on a disc as mp3 files (to play in players that support playing mp3 files), that IS done in build mode.

For avi and mp3 etc as files, you might want to enable Joliet too incase the player doesn't support UDF.

Just to be clear, when you say 'music' do you mean as an audio disc (CD-DA) ? If so, that's not done in build mode. We have a guide for burning Audio CD.

If you just want MP3's on a disc as mp3 files (to play in players that support playing mp3 files), that IS done in build mode.

For avi and mp3 etc as files, you might want to enable Joliet too incase the player doesn't support UDF.

I ment MP3, WMA files and in my opinion there is no difference whether you burn (MP3, WMA) files to CD or DVD as long as your player reads DVDs with MP3 or WMA files on it or am i wrong?

And one more thing, say, i'll burn MP3 files to a disc using the manual will that make MP3 files readable in regular player which usually don't play MP3 files?

Edited by SIMPLE_GUY

I ment MP3, WMA files and in my opinion there is no difference whether you burn (MP3, WMA) files to CD or DVD as long as your player reads DVDs with MP3 or WMA files on it or am i wrong?

And one more thing, say, i'll burn MP3 files to a disc using the manual will that make MP3 files readable in regular player which usually don't play MP3 files?

Yes, it will.

Regards

Yes, it will.

Regards

Thanks, blutach!

I already have burnt some MP3 files to a CD using the manual - worked great!!! :thumbup:

But i have some questions.

I didn't really understood what is 'PreGap' option does, because i didn't noticed any difference between '0 Seconds' and '2 Seconds' in both cases gap between files seemed to have same length. Am i missing something here?

P.S. In both cases 'Session' object in the tree were highlighted.

And with 'Session' object highlighted i've ticked 'Tag' in 'CD-TEXT:' option. But after disc being burnt, WMP doesn't show me the right information for track names nor Album nor Artist. Instead, it's saying 'Unknown Artist', 'Unknown Album', 'Track 1' 'Track 2' so on. What happent to the real media information? By the way KMPlayer is reflecting correct media info, while WMP - doesn't? Why?

And also, there is no name shown for the 'CUE' image CD disc in 'My Computer' / 'Explorer' when the disc is in the drive.

More to that, it seems like nothing on the disc at all. Although, the CD plays what been recorded to it. Is that normal?

20080222133843cz1.jpg

When saving a *.cue file, i shall select 'Ansi' when file name is in english (latin characters) and 'Unicode' for all other international characters (for example cyrrillics)? And that applies only to an album name/title (i.e. image's volume label), but not to a track names/titles. Right?

20080222133728cs4.jpg

After all i wish Imgburn can create DVD audio. :rolleyes: Reason, not much can be put on a CD especially in 'CUE' image file format. :innocent:

Googling 'PreGap' will give you a better answer than I could.

I know what it is in technical terms so far as burning is concerned though!

WMP doesn't support CD-Text.

Audio discs don't have names/volume labels. There's no file system to store one in. When ImgBurn loads the image (in Write mode etc), it makes one up based on CD-TEXT info if it's present.

Use Ansi if you want to burn/mount the CUE files in other programs - not all of them can read Unicode ones.

If you've no interest in that, set it to Unicode all the time.

Thanks a lot LIGHTNING UK! !!! :thumbup:

Two more quetions i have about 'CUE' image file format.

1. Say i want to make an exact copy of a CD-DA using Imgburn.

After 'creating image file from a disc' i have two files. (BIN & CUE)

20080222183026tl9.jpg

Which one do i have to sellect for 'writing image file to a disc'?

2. What is the best and easy way of converting *.cue files back to MP3, WMA, et cetera format?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.