Here's how to deal with those nutters!

dbminter

When the guys come to my door wanting to convert my soul, I usually pretend to be too ill to discuss it further or fake being a Satanist. :devil: However, I like this approach, too.

http://www.local6.com/news/5813181/detail.html

Man Shoots Two Mormons Going Door To Door

POSTED: 7:57 am EST January 3, 2006

CHESAPEAKE, Va. -- A Mormon missionary going door to door was fatally shot Monday night and a fellow missionary was wounded by an assailant who fled, police said.

The attacks happened just after 6 p.m. in the Deep Creek area of the city, police said, when a man approached the two, shot them and ran away.

One of the victims ran to a nearby nursing home seeking help, police said.

The missionaries were identified by church spokesmen Dale Bills and Michael Purdy as Elders Morgan Young, 21, of Bountiful, Utah, and Joshua Heidbrink of Greeley, Colo. Chesapeake police said he is 19.

They were taken to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, where Young later died, spokeswoman Cheri Hinshelwood said. Heidbrink was upgraded to good condition Tuesday morning, she said.

Police described the gunman as a black male about 5 feet 10 inches . They said he was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and denim jeans.

Police shut down part of the neighborhood while searching for the man.

"This is close to home," said Bobby Gatling, who said he has lived on the block for two years. "Nothing like this has ever happened here before."

There was no immediate word on what prompted the shootings.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.