Making files available in dos

Jghake

I am making a DVD bootable and I am fairly positive that my image is correct and should work fine. It boots and runs everything I want it to run but the problem is that DOS can't access the files burned onto the DVD that aren't in the boot image. I gave ImgBurn the img file I want to boot sectors to be and then 3 folders totaling a few GB that I also want to include. Is there a special way I need to burn the disk to get DOS to be able to recognize the extra files? Right now i have mscdex.exe set to mount the DVD drive as Drive X: but when I try to run a batch file on what should be the X: drive it says the file is not present. I ran "dir" on the X: drive and posted its results in the attached image. What should I try next?

screenshot.bmp

MSCDEX can only read ISO9660 Level 1 (8.3 characters) filesystem, so that's the only one you should use on your disc.

I tried setting the settings like you described but I still get the same results. I posted Screenshots of the settings I used in ImgBurn

post-9034-1194033925_thumb.png

post-9034-1194033935_thumb.png

Use Standard character set and disable Allow Files Without Extensions if you don't need it.

The boot image you're using, is it from a floppy, HD partition, other? Which version of DOS does it have?

Use Standard character set and disable Allow Files Without Extensions if you don't need it.

The boot image you're using, is it from a floppy, HD partition, other? Which version of DOS does it have?

I am fairly sure that it is using MS-DOS. How can you tell? I didn't make the image myself, I used one that ImgBurn created from a disk I had. Can I create my own and just replace all of the files in the image with the ones I need?

From a quick search, DRMK (Dell Real Mode Kernel) is Dell's version of MS-DOS, and is the O/S used when booting to the Restore or Utility partitions on recent Dell systems. I'm sorry, but I don't have DRMK, so I can't tell for sure about its features/limitations.

May I ask what exactly are you trying to do? Maybe there are other ways to do it. Feel free to send me a private message if you want.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.