Freaky weather

Shamus_McFartfinger

Check it out. These photos are from a hailstorm that hit my place about 30 minutes ago. I think my roof survived. Not sure as it was raining inside up until about 10 minutes ago. Not the best of photos but check out the size of the hailstones I grabbed from the front yard.

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsldxhe/1.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsldxhe/2.jpg

Holy shit shamus, those are huge man,, bloody golf balls mate.............. :o:o . We get hail here but never the size of freaking boulders............... :blink: Those could have done some real damage to your house not to mention car if it was outside. Glad nothing of yours got dinged.

Edited by kevdriver

:w00t: Bloody Hell !! I bet they were noisy on the roof too ! Imagine getting hit by one of those..... :faint:

Mate, they sounded like small explosions. I suspect my roof will be a little worse for wear when I can check it in the morning. I expect my solar hot water panels to be damaged also. Never seen anything like it.

Holy shit shamus, those are huge man,, bloody golf balls mate.............. :o:o . We get hail here but never the size of freaking boulders............... :blink: Those could have done some real damage to your house not to mention car if it was outside. Glad nothing of yours got dinged.

I've never seen hail like it either. We had water dripping inside the house for about 2 hours which had/has me a bit concerned. That's another job for tomorrow: seeing if the water has pooled in the roof anywhere. Lucky Mrs Shamus decided to chuck the car in the garage or it would have been fucked.

What strange things to eat for dinner! Oh and where is your knife young man?! :P

We only get bread and water out here in the colonies and only one knife and one fork per household (which Mrs Shamus was using at the time the photograph was taken - hence its non-appearance. :P

did they get the neighbors cat or are you still throwing the PIO 120 at it :lol:

Haven't seen the bastard of a thing in a while. I suspect it was flattened by a car a few months back. Tragic. ;)

Hope you washed the evidence off the tyres :whistling:

did they get the neighbors cat or are you still throwing the PIO 120 at it :lol:

Haven't seen the bastard of a thing in a while. I suspect it was flattened by a car a few months back. Tragic. ;)

Hope you washed the evidence off the tyres

:whistling:

:yes::thumbup::cat2::yes:

Not that anyone really gives a shit but I've just spent the last hour and a half on my roof doing repairs. My solar hot water panels are intact but I lost a few tiles that I had to replace and others had to be repaired with silicon.

Still, we got off lightly. My neighbours' car was written off. Another neighbour had their garage roof destroyed and then their car inside it as well. Poor bastards. :(

As I look out my window I can see yet another afternoon storm on its way that'll hit us in a few hours. Round 2 perhaps........

We got a hail storm like that here in Kentucky back in May or 98. Every car window was broke, everyone had to get new roofs put on and was a total mess. Kenfucky don't know how to deal with shit like that. =))

Round 2 was a non-event. The next few days are looking a bit dodgy though.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/busi...om=search_10day

*sigh*

On a brighter note: I'm going to make an effort to get my old Amiga 4000/40 running while I'm on holidays. It'll be interesting to see if I can remember how to drive it. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.