Burn/verify speed graph

mojo-chan

First, thanks for the excellent program.

It would be useful if ImgBurn produced a graph of actual read/write speed during burning and verifying. Although not a detailed test of burn quality, poor burns on cheaper discs often result in the drive reducing read speed to compensate. A quick look at the graph could show up any potential issues.

Here is an example of a poor quality "Hi-Space" disc being tested immediately after being burnt:

hispacedvdrspeedyn0.jpg

Here is a good Taiyo Yuden disc:

taiyoyudeng0212xdvdrspeca6.png

Note that both discs read okay (i.e. verify would pass) but the graphs show the difference in quality.

Edited by mojo-chan

Thanks for the replies. Capturing data is useful, I would just like to request that ImgBurn displays that data in it's own window while the burn takes place. That way I can quickly check it once the burn/verify is complete, rather than having to capture to a file and load that into another program.

BTW, the old version of DVDInfoPro is because I made the images a long time ago!

I don't (can't) do graphs.

All you need to do is click that 1 button (in donta's screenshot earlier), it's not exactly rocket science! DVDInfoPro will then load up automatically and display the graph.

If you leave the program settings so 'Auto Export' is enabled, just double click the 'exported' line in the log and it'll display it in DVDInfoPro too. That's how I always do it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.