No Layer Break Position Found

RasViKing

I tried ImgBurn after something efd my Nero installation and it has worked wonderfully. I normally burn data CDs and "normal" single layer DVDs of either +/-R varieties and have had no problems or coasters. YEA!!! Thanks for making such a great product.

I have burned a few DVD DL discs without incident. On 2 occasions i have wanted to burn a DVD DL and i got a message similar to :

No Layer Break Point has been found. Start crying as this really is the end of the world!

It did not open the dialog box to allow me to make/choose one. :unsure: I did burn it anyhow the first time i got this message and don't recall any problems playing or viewing the disc.. But getting this with a different fileset it made me wonder. My information file tells me where the LBP should be. How can i enter this manually to create a LBP? Is there a way?

According to the info i received with the video_ts folder and files says : LAYER BREAK CHAPTER MARKER - 00:46:27:19 I went ahead and clicked to burn it and then a dialog opened to show me a LBP, however, it was at 00:56:57 rather than the position in my info file. It showed no other optional LBPs. This is the second of a 2 disc set. The first disc was fine as it found the layer break point and also several other possibilities for one. Neither of the discs are copy protected in any way.

Here is the information from IMGBurn :

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D 1.19 (SCSI)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 2,852,176

Size: 5,841,256,448 bytes

Time: 633:51:01 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x

DVD±R DL Boundary Information:

L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1,671,952

Changeable: No

TOC Information:

Session 1...

-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 2852175)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 2852176)

Physical Format Information (ADIP):

Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01

Book Type: DVD+R DL

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,283,519

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01

Book Type: DVD-ROM

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,088,879

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 1,868,559

Layer Information:

Layer 0 Sectors: 1,671,952 (58.62%)

Layer 1 Sectors: 1,180,224 (41.38%)

Will this burn ok? sweating.gif

( :busted: i know, i know - get better media. these were given to me and i haven't had a failed burn yet. :tomato: )

System info :

WinXP SP2

1GB DDR RAM

Athalon XP 3000+

Thanks for any and all help!

RasViKing

OOPS! the data i posted there was from the first DVD which had no problem finding the LBP. Once the burn on this one is finished i'll open the log and post that info if it is needed. sorry.

Edited by RasViKing

You're burning via 'Build' mode - correct?

If it can't find a cell to use for the layer break then you need to split a few cells up into smaller cells so that it can.

I'm sure someone has mentioned how to do this in the past so try searching for it - it's not something I've ever done personally.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.