Download problems

Chetwood

chetwood .......... theres a name that rings a bell for some reason :/

It's latin for haemmoroid.

Hehe, so now that we are supposedly 'on your turf' you just couldn't miss the chance to rise to the occasion. That's just who you guys are :)

Edited by Chetwood

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You started it, dipshit, for making a complete cunt of yourself when we stopped by the Digital Digest forums.

Secondly, you naive git, how fucking smart it is to provide links to software that circumvents DVD copy protection when the DVD Decrypter forum was shut down for that very reason? Have some respect for the owner of this site in the very least.

You may now go fuck yourself.

You may now go fuck yourself.

Sorry, no can do. I'd rather stay here and get entertained again by your childish rants. Actually it's getting a bit dull and repetitive :sleeping: Oh well, I guess it was too much to expect from you to grow up.

As for respect, you don't seem to give LUK! the credit I do, otherwise you'd simply let him speak for himself rather than trying to be his unrewarded watchdog.

Alright, alright, just before I put you guys on ignore again and save me your puny swear words. You're talking about this thread in which YOU were reprimanded by the forum admin, I remember. That was when you guys stopped by on our forums (we discussed the term 'our' in this context) and told us to close a thread because it wasn't to your liking and somehow seemed surprised to be told to get lost.

This because of the obvious fact that none of you were in the position to make any demands on our forums but primarily because the reasons you guys gave for having us close the thread were preposterous. Let's take a look at your childish rants and so-called arguments, shall we?

Summed up: apart from your pointless (and colourful) fuss about some mod who could not know better and dared to call you a 'self-proclaimed' DVDD beta tester basically what you were saying is that I was actually hurting LUK!'s case by speculating about what company might have shut him down. To which I replied (when I stopped laughing at this baloney of course) that I don't know any law in any country that could hold LUK! responsible for what I am saying on any forum. I'm not at all surprised he did not see it your way either.

So if LUK! read all this and did not bother why do you guys drag it to this forum? And even more interesting: why the heck do you think I'd give a damn?

So if LUK! read all this and did not bother why do you guys drag it to this forum? And even more interesting: why the heck do you think I'd give a damn?

>_< Perhaps you could have proved your maturity over the rest of us and not replied to these (in your words) "rants" ?? You seemed to have a real problem with Shamus which was a shame over at DigDigest as it soured the site for a lot of refugees from the old forum. I hope I am wrong but I think you may have shown up here to see what would happen...... :huh:

Perhaps I can suggest that it would be a good idea to not advertise programs that rip DVD's here at ImgBurn. The old DVD Decrypter site was publicly closed down for this and the support given....... ImgBurn should not attract the same attention.....

You seemed to have a real problem with Shamus which was a shame over at DigDigest as it soured the site for a lot of refugees from the old forum.

Actually it was Shamus who seemed to have a problem with our thread on our forum and because a mod called him 'self-proclaimed beta tester'. If that stopped other members of the former DVDD forum (despite blutach's efforts) from staying at the forum please thank him for that.

I hope I am wrong but I think you may have shown up here to see what would happen...... :huh:
Obviously I came here to ask why the ImgBurn version linked to from the download page wasn't available even though the release date listed had already passed (prolly the only reason why I didn't get more abuse from forum members). I still feel a little odd about getting the blame from you because others had to hijack my thread by dragging out stories from other boards.

Perhaps I can suggest that it would be a good idea to not advertise programs that rip DVD's here at ImgBurn. The old DVD Decrypter site was publicly closed down for this and the support given....... ImgBurn should not attract the same attention.....

So that's what Cornholio was talking about? Alright, maybe Volvo already had said something similar, I wouldn't know cause I'd put him on ignore right away as I said I would so any comment targeted at me was pretty much pointless ;)

Anyway, I think that you're wrong: MultiShrink does not violate any laws since it does nothing illegal. Since it is not illegal it can't be illegal to link to it either.

From what I've read (and how I understand Fair Use rights; again see rosslaw's comments) the official DVDD forum was shutdown as part of the deal LUK! was forced to make with MV and not because of any laws being violated by discussing his tool.

I don't know what weird laws you got there in the UK or US but I don't think they are worse than German laws. And in Germany you're currently 'only' forbidden to link to tools like AnyDVD but not to discuss them (Heise is challenging this verdict in Germany's highest court so linking might get possible again). And even if MultiShrink or anything else on my page was illegal (which it isn't) they could only ask you take down my link but not shut down this forum as it deals with legal software. You can't be held responsible for what others do. Besides it's quite a naive fallacy to connect ImgBurn's attraction to anyone's sigs, it will take center stage on any major board in no time. According to your logic every other forum dealing with DVD ripping and tools of this kind should already have been shut down. Still Digital Video Forums, Doom9 and others continue unabated. How come?

Don't get me wrong, since this is LUK!'s forum his rules do apply so if he'd tell me to strip my sig I would either do so or leave. However, he saw my sig when he replied (twice) to my questions in this thread and he did not bother here nor upon joining my DVDS beta test forum. So why do you?

What really amazes me is that all of this self-proclaimed chaperones in this thread seem to be unable to accept his opinion, they act as if he was unable to decide for himself. Figures...

Can't we all just get the fcuk along and leave the past alone :whistling:

For christ sake you guys are worse then Bush at starting wars and chetwood you wouldn't be arab by chance would you :w00t:

Oh shit here come the holy wars :o

If I may correct just one thing chetwood:

No mod at Digital Digest called the betas "self proclaimed". That "honour" of demeaning them by calling them "self described" belonged to setarip, who was never a mod.

This post is not a flame against setarip or you or anyone. I am trying to remain as level headed as possible and will probably get both "sides" upset in the process.

Just a little observation - this huge body of knowledge that resided with the Betas could have been retained at DD but for some reason the Betas and other folks from DDSF were somehow made to feel "unwelcome". Not blaming anyone, but it's funny how they all came to that conclusion and now visit just to have the odd chat.

I hope you find ImgBurn a great tool as we all expect it to be. I hope you find LUK!'s return to be as positive as we all do and are excited by it.

I also hope you understand that this forum is not about DVD ripping and copying (for reasons that must include the legal agreements entered into by LUK! with MV) but about burning ISO images of non-copy protected DVDs. This is why your signature has come under some scrutiny. You will note that my usually long sig with all the DVD tools etc in it is conspicuously absent.

Regards

Edited by blutach

Alright, maybe Volvo already had said something similar, I wouldn't know cause I'd put him on ignore right away as I said I would so any comment targeted at me was pretty much pointless ;)

nice contradiction . " Maybe Volvo said something similar " followed by "I wouldnt know "

maybe if you HAD read THIS POST , youd see that i was trying to inform you what was reffered to ...................but then as you have me on ignore, you wont see this will you ? ;)

and you wont see that i asked you if your program if Open Source either ?.

but then if i said your a typical stereotype German ( quite arrogant) , then youd probably see that though ........................oops i forgot, im on ignore :eyebrow:

[ quote ] From what I've read (and how I understand Fair Use rights; again see rosslaw's comments) the official DVDD forum was shutdown as part of the deal LUK! was forced to make with MV and not because of any laws being violated by discussing his tool. [/ quote ]

LUK was discussing his tool at length and it might have contributed to dvdd forum being shut down you say , boy I got to pay more attention I totally missed that topic :lol:

Edited by polopony

LOL!! Your life is obviously a pathetic one.

what you were saying is that I was actually hurting LUK!'s case by speculating about what company might have shut him down.

The difference between you and I is that I take a great deal of pride in being a small part of Lightning_UKs programs and forums. How exactly would your life have changed by knowing which company brought the lawsuit in the first place? I can't see it being a monumental change. 15 minutes of fame for "breaking the news" at best. Continual questions in other forums such as Digital Digest (which you can guarantee lawyers for the unnamed company would have been watching carefully, as they would now be watching this one), hardly help the person most affected by it: The author of the program. Those of us who were longtime participants in the old forum wanted the author going through no more than was required, instead of forum vultures providing speculation (ammunition) for prosecutorial counsel.

Think outside the square next time you feel the need to flap your gums.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.