Import CDDVD base

mondi

At first - thanks for great app! Really the best:)

I changed my old Plextor to new 810S... and understood - brand is finally die. (many reasons for this resume - offtopic).

So, question: is it possible to use nero's devices base (or what it use now?) for touch specific options of another brands (not only Plextor, LG, Lite-on ...)

Or is it possible by another way?

For example, look to asus 1814 now, and how can I change the book type?

They all use a certain type/format command. You just need to find out which one yours uses.

If the 810 is really a pioneer, you can't do anything with with the booktype stuff.

If it's a liteon, just go into the booktype page and use the liteon tab.

ImgBurn is it's own program and is nothing at all to do with Nero. There is no 'drive database' as the software doesn't need one.

If the 810 is really a pioneer, you can't do anything with with the booktype stuff.

It's all true:(

If it's a liteon, just go into the booktype page and use the liteon tab.

Of course:) But, if I use the new Asus? They start to build own devices.

ImgBurn is it's own program and is nothing at all to do with Nero. There is no 'drive database' as the software doesn't need one.

In v.6 I saw cdrom.dll & cdrom.cfg, at least. In new versions - "universal" detecting parameters?

Is it possible to use same way in ImgBurn, if it's true? Without "hardlinks" to concretic devices.

Of course:) But, if I use the new Asus? They start to build own devices.

Well then they'd either start to use their own bitsetting commands or would use an existing command set. I wouldn't know which one until I have one of their new drives in my hand.

Is it possible to use same way in ImgBurn, if it's true? Without "hardlinks" to concretic devices.

Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean / are getting at.

ImgBurn issues commands set out in the MCC spec to see what a drive can/can't do. There's nothing hardcoded.

Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean / are getting at.

ImgBurn issues commands set out in the MCC spec to see what a drive can/can't do. There's nothing hardcoded.

I mean, than when see in "advanced properties" concrete device (Lite-on, Plextor, etc), I can use properties only for this device. But brand can be another.

Is it possible to use more universal way: autodetect device & possible properties?

Oh right, well obviously the advanced features are tied to the OEMs.

The program doesn't limit the use of the commands, it's down to you to select the right tab. The 'brand' of the drive doesn't come into it. For instance, even though the tab says 'LITE-ON', the commands will still work just fine on a Sony (re)branded drive.

For anything that's got an 'automatic' bit associated with it (i.e. 'auto change book type'), you can click the 'Advanced' button and add your drives device ID to the list for the correct OEM if it's not supported straight off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.