Does Pioneer DVR-112D burn DVD+R and DVD+R DL media well?

concerned807

I just bought a Pioneer 112D after a brief research. Thought about Samsung SH-S203B, but my local store did not have it. Later I found out, Pioneer 112D does not support DVD+R bitsetting firmware flash. Doh! Is this true?

I will be burning a lot of DVD+R and DVD+R DL (yes this a lot too) media. Have I made good decision for those jobs? I can still return the Pioneer if I change my mind. What about these compared to the Pioneer I bought?

- BENQ DVD LS DW1655 BCDB

- Lite-On LH-20A1P

Edited by concerned807

pio 112 will only set booktype to DVD-ROM on Dual Layer + It will do this automatically.

You could crossflash it to buffalo firmware like I did with one of my pioneer 112 which will allow to booktype DVD+R automatically as well as dual layer + auto.

The benq and liteon you listed will both set DVD-ROM and if you use the eeprom setting this will only need to be done once for it to automatically DVD-ROM on compatible media.

Thanks again for the tips my friend :thumbup:

You could crossflash it to buffalo firmware like I did with one of my pioneer 112 which will allow to booktype DVD+R automatically as well as dual layer + auto.

Seems this is what I have to do with my Pioneer 112D, although I am no fan of firmware flashs.

Well Pioneer 112D supports natively DVD+R DL, so no problem there. The likely problem however is.....

I like burn DVD5+R more and my main burning app is ImgBurn. Under ImgBurn there is no Booktype change option for Pioneer drives. Any ImgBurn user has found a way around it?

The benq and liteon you listed will both set DVD-ROM and if you use the eeprom setting this will only need to be done once for ti to automatically DVD-ROM on compatible media.

Supposing I haven't bought any, what would you recommend out these three? My feeling is that you are more for Pioneer 112D? Correct?

Edited by concerned807

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.