Build Mode Queue Support

TcT

Hi,

first of all I love the Build funktionality in IMGburn it makes archiving so comfortable, but one thing would be a really nice addition and maybe even easy to implement:

Queue functionality for image building. So that I can drag and drop the files to make up DVDs. Then when I'm finished one would add the "virtual image" to the queue. After that when done with multiple file collections just press burn like currently allready implemented with the image queue function.

Would be great to see this feature in the future. Keep up the good work.

Gotta support this request.

I've been wishing ImgBurn's build mode had buttons to silently create temporary .IBB files and add them to either build or burn queues.

The intermediary steps between here and there of having a build queue at all and being able add .IBBs to the burn queue would be great features by themselves.

• 3 months later...

Gotta support this request 110%. Suggesting a Build Queue is the only reason I even joined this forum.

Being able to set up a queue for making a series of ISOs would really make ImgBurn the best program ever created, imho.

At the moment, I have upwards of 75 discs waiting to be made into isos and then burned. I have to make each one an iso separately, and then only the burning can be queued. It would make my life so much better if I could queue all the iso builds, push build and walk away.

<starwars>Help me LightningUK! You're my only hope!</starwars>

Hi and welcome to the forum, JBSil! :)

You could write a DOS batch file and include your projects in that one and then come back when they all are built.

You find the commands for the bat file in this location

C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ReadMe.txt

While this is theoretically a great idea, it is not feasible for dual layer media. There are no (documented) options for telling ImgBurn to automatically choose the best layer break position for each image it tries to create. Therefore, every image it tries to burn, it will wait for the user to click a layer break position, and select it. That's why I wanted a queue, so you could manually choose the best layer break positions for each image, but do them all at once, and have the queue remember them.

another vote for ibb queueing (althought it should be easy enough to write a batch that reads a bunch of ibbs and send them in for burning, ignoring the build-in queue tech thought)

Edited by smok3

Unfortunately, IBB files do not contain any layer break information in them, so even when you write a batch file to build them in succession, it still stops and asks for layer break information for each one. That said, including layer break info in the IBB files would be enough of a solution for me, but a Build Queue would be better.

Ok, I've added support for saving the LB selection (done during a 'Calculate' operation) to the IBB file.

If the value then read back out from the IBB matches exactly with one of the available LB positions at the time of build/write it won't prompt the user.

That should at least give you something you can use from a batch file :)

btw, you also need to have specified the /START and /CLOSE switches via CLI for this option to become 'valid'.

While we're talking about automating IBB's ...

Can you make it easier for us to save the calculated builds as correctly named IBB's? Either default to using the name of the destination ISO, or let us supply an IBB default name via command line? Or both?

Right now it defaults to using the most recently used IBB file name, even after closing and opening the program with 'Clear Recent Files List' checked.

The 'Clear Recent Files List' option isn't really anything to do with those other MRU options (they're internal) but I've now made it so it is.

When the MRU value is empty, the program does actually use the volume label as the basis for the IBB file name.

I've now changed that so the image file name is used first (but with the .ibb extension), then the volume label, then the mru value, then finally (if all else fails) 'My Project.ibb'.

• 4 months later...
Ok, I've added support for saving the LB selection (done during a 'Calculate' operation) to the IBB file.

If the value then read back out from the IBB matches exactly with one of the available LB positions at the time of build/write it won't prompt the user.

That should at least give you something you can use from a batch file :)

btw, you also need to have specified the /START and /CLOSE switches via CLI for this option to become 'valid'.

Hi There, after extensive searching through the forum and the imgburn application I can't seem to determine whether saving the Layer Break (LB) selection to the IBB file was ever implemented. I have looked in an IBB file and is no LB informaiton there, unless I am missing something.

I have created a CLI file that allows for batch building as per other forum posts but it requires user input at Layer breaks, therefore defeating any chance for continous batch building. . thanks for your help in advance...

Before saving the project file, you have to press the Calculate button and then you'll be asked about the layer break. After you've chosen one, it'll be saved in the IBB project file :)

LayerBreak_Index=2
LayerBreak_LBA=1387542

• 2 months later...

I have been trying to accomplish this for months now.

Does anyone have a suggestion for where i might find a guide to build a batch file for this?

I want to add multiple folders and have IMGburn build iso's one after another.

The best I've achieved is; I get IMGburn running 2/3 concurrently. :mellow:

Sorry for the late response.

I have finally managed to get it to work, (with a lot of help).

I'm running a batch command that calls IMGburn to create ISO'S from all folders within a directory to another Drive.

Is there a way to have it run Minimized?

code:[%PathToImgBurn%\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%~f1" /DEST "%DEST%\%1.iso" /FILESYSTEM "UDF" /UDFREVISION "2.50" /VOLUMELABEL "%1" /CLOSESUCCESS /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER "YES" /START]

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did support for loading LBAs from IBBs change in the latest release? I can no longer get IB to automatically start building image files from a series of IBBs that have been saved with LBAs. Either it changed somehow, or importing LBAs from IBBs is not supported in Windows 7, maybe?

Granted, I reformatted my computer, and somehow managed to delete the backup of my previous batch files, but I think I recreated almost the same thing. Here's my MakeIBBs.bat:

@echo off
for /D %%D in ("D:\DVDs\*") do (
if not exist "C:\Users\Jesse Silverstein\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Project Files\%%~nD.ibb" (
	"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%%D\VIDEO_TS\" /DEST "%%D.iso" /VOLUMELABEL "%%~nD"
)
)

Which seams to work: calculate and select LBA, alt+f,s,enter,enter,alt+F4

Then, here is my BuildImages.bat:

@echo off
for %%I in ("C:\Users\Jesse Silverstein\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Project Files\*.ibb") do (
if not exist "D:\DVDs\%%~nI" (
	del /Q /F "%%I"
) else (
	"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%%I" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /START /CLOSESUCCESS
	move /Y "D:\DVDs\%%~nI" "D:\to h.264\%%~nI"
	del /Q /F "%%I"
)
)

The English transliteration of that is:

For every ibb file do (

if the DVD source no longer exists, delete the ibb

else (

call ImgBurn and feed it the ibb file in build mode, don't show me image details, auto start and close when finished

move the original DVD source to a "to h.264" folder (for further processing by HandBrake)

delete the ibb

)

)

The whole thing seems to work perfectly, except that ImgBurn is pausing with each IBB load to make me CONFIRM the Layer Break position which is already correctly selected in the window. Any ideas? I feel like I'm missing something simple...

Nope, if the item in the layer break list at index 'LayerBreak_Index' (as taken from the IBB and where the first item is Index 0) has an LBA value that matches the value in 'LayerBreak_LBA', ImgBurn shouldn't be prompting.

So I can only assume one of those is different for some reason.

EDIT: It'll only use those if the /CLOSE switch is issued... /CLOSESUCCESS won't work.

I have corrected this for the next release.

EDIT: It'll only use those if the /CLOSE switch is issued... /CLOSESUCCESS won't work.

I have corrected this for the next release.

Great find! Thanks for the quick response, as always :) I changed my bat to /CLOSE and it works perfectly now.

• 3 months later...

This is listed in the changelog for 2.5, but seems to not be fixed. Anyone else still experiencing this issue? /CLOSE works, but /CLOSESUCCESS still does not.

Edited by JBSil

Ah, the function code that allows the use of 'LayerBreak_Index' is fine (that's the bit I changed) but the whole 'CloseSuccess' internal flag thing gets reset (so it's only used once) in several places whereas the other one ('Close') doesn't.

Sorry, I'll fix it again for the next release!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.