well at any rate i followed ur advice and updated from BS0Y to CS0T

i'll try again and see if this fixed my problem

• 2 weeks later...
just to clarify your last post:

csot for the 1653 and not the 1633s?

i installed the update already for the 1633s, not the 1653

well at any rate i followed ur advice and updated from BS0Y to CS0T

i'll try again and see if this fixed my problem

Chewy- Are you suggesting using a patched firmware designed for a different drive for better results?? I have the 1633s and just updated to BSOY....is CSOT a better option for me with my drive 1633s?? Please advise.

Chewy- Are you suggesting using a patched firmware designed for a different drive for better results?? I have the 1633s and just updated to BSOY....is CSOT a better option for me with my drive 1633s?? Please advise.

http://codeguys.rpc1.org/dvdrw_overview.html

this is an easy question to answer, if you read up at these sites, you find that the drives are the same, just with different firmware releases

I assume it's a marketing gimmick, name the drive something higher, 1653 vs 1633, and start a new firmware series

What we are trying to do is get the latest firmware with the best write strategies and the best support for newer mid codes.

With these patched firmware flashers it's important to use the right ones, there's no excuses or room for error, many people kill their drives by trying to flash outside their family, if the hardware is not identical you'll probably kill the drive.

I don't reccomend crossflashs on newer working drives, just old antiques, the exception being a hard to find Benq or something.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.