When is Christmas?

ron spencer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That in turn meant I needed to support CUE/MP3 as that's quite common -

By any chance is support for CUE/FLAC also in the works, or will I have to continue using Burrrn for Audio CD's? (which is admittedly not often these days)

Edited by jeff_nz

Sure does :)

It'll read tags from APE, FLAC, MP3, OGG and WMA.

I've not taken the time to code for any others.

Of course you can also set CD-TEXT (Title field) to be the file name (minus extension), a custom value (Title and Artist/Performer) or turn it off altogether.

Don't get too excited, it's no different.

The changes below sure sound good to me!

This release is all about CUE burning really - or that what I wanted out of it!

That in turn meant I needed to support CUE/MP3 as that's quite common - hence the need for additional audio decoding code.

Then due to audio decoding code + having the ability to create custom CUE files, it's possible to build one to write pretty much any audio file.

So although burning custom audio cd's wasn't my intention for 2.4 (I only wanted to be able to read an Audio CD to an image file and then be able to burn it back), it IS in fact possible - even if the way in which you do it is a little long winded.

@LUK, have you done any testing of the new features on Linux?

Just wanted to say that all I wanted for christmas is my two front teeth... whoops, the christmas bug still has me :lol:. All I wanted for the next version is cue burning. I can make custom audio cds already, I just wanted my favorite burner to be able to burn it for me.

The only audio formats I am interested in are wav, mp3, ogg, (and to a lesser extent) flac. Oh, and just being curious here, do you plan to support copy-protected wma's? I don't download music from the internet, but if I come across one of these, I would like some peace of mind that my favorite burner will burn these files. If not, Ner0 will have to be installed again :angry: .

Hi,

LUK!, please don't forget the problem mentioned here : http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=224544

(the bit that fools samsung players)

Merry xMas!

Interesting. I just read the majority of the long drawn out thread. Glad I burned all my discs as straight UDF now to keep to specs. Kinda dumb that it read ISO. Perhaps that is why the Book Type mattered since true discs (Not Burned) would be to spec and only have UDF, so it only looked at UDF. I guess like IE it covers all bases and loads things not to spec too and on burned discs it for some reason allows ISO. You'd think it would go with the highest/best format. Doesn't really sound like a bug to me if the proper File System is used in ImgBurn...it did help tweak the ISO file system in the end, but I'd have to agree with the posts saying the player was not to spec since ISO shouldn't have been read by it or used by the person making the image...

I've been so distracted with DVD and regular data CDs that I never even noticed the lack of CD Audio. I guess that would round out the product and make it replace Nero. My new car has MP3 CD available, so I haven't made much Audio CDs lately.

One thing that would be nice, although I don't know how possible it would be is some speed/burn level control. As I mentioned in another thread, I usually burn all discs at 8x...and sometimes 6x if my HDD is fragmented. Otherwise looking at the "rings" on the disc there are areas that are fainter when the drive switches speeds or ramps up the speed from the 4-8x it gets to fairly quick to 12X+ which takes it until mid disc to get to. Is it possible to send the drive a command to tell it to say..."Get to 12x, then start burning", so it is up to speed and the whole disc is burned at the same rate and no sections at a different rate?

One thing that would be nice, although I don't know how possible it would be is some speed/burn level control. As I mentioned in another thread, I usually burn all discs at 8x...and sometimes 6x if my HDD is fragmented. Otherwise looking at the "rings" on the disc there are areas that are fainter when the drive switches speeds or ramps up the speed from the 4-8x it gets to fairly quick to 12X+ which takes it until mid disc to get to. Is it possible to send the drive a command to tell it to say..."Get to 12x, then start burning", so it is up to speed and the whole disc is burned at the same rate and no sections at a different rate?

this is controlled by your drives firmware and write strategy and physics

your drive writes faster at the end than the beginning , so the write strategy controls thi speed thru out

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.