Session Fixation Error.. Help!!

elacesar

Hello I have a nice Plextor 740 with the latest firmware and it writes DVDs with no problem but recently I have started using dvd+r dl media and I am getting these "Session Fixation Errors" one of every two discs. I know its not a memory problem and i dont think its the dvd writer because it does write perfectly on DVDs. Also I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL discs made in singapore.. Any help will be appreciated

won't hurt to try another 80 wire ide cable and to also see if there is an update to whichever chipset controls your IDE, if your using nvidia drivers for ata storeage etc try just using standard ms ones.

I tried all of that and i also tried crosssflashing the firmware but its the same. Do you think its the Imgburn program or the drive??

so you crossflashed your drive to a benq can you post the log of when you tried when it was a benq and no it's not ImgBurn but your drive

Dont you think that if it was the drive that I would have the same problems burning dvdrs as dvdr dls? Thanks for the help

Burning single layer dvd's is a hard job, takes several correct elements, burning dual layer dvd's is that much harder, technically

Just a few burners do it well, and they are mostly newer ones, it only makes sense that as a drive ages it would develope dl problems first, on the average.

where's the last imgburn log?

or at least put a blank in and let's see which firmware and which mid you are using

The benq firmware stands a better chance of burning MKM as it's in the write strategy. I cannot see if the plex 1.02 firmware has this mid code or not.

I have uploaded all you need to change the drive to a benq1640 with BSRB firmware which has the mid code from your dual layer disc's.

It's either flash or buy a new drive . It's not hard to do.

download what I uploaded http://ascii.adsl24.co.uk/flash2benq.rar

extract rar file if you do not have winrar get it here www.rarlabs.com

once extracted double click bqflash.exe and then click open firmware you want to load BSRB.exe make sure your plex 740 has no disc in drive and tray is closed and that in the dropdown box the plex is listed.

then click flash (do not stop it half way thru or power off or restart)

once it has finished restart your computer

It's entirely up to you as surely the drive is out of warranty and your not having much luck burning TOP OF IT'S CLASS media

Flashing the drive is your risk I have flashed hundreds of drives without ill effect.

The benq firmware stands a better chance of burning MKM as it's in the write strategy. I cannot see if the plex 1.02 firmware has this mid code or not.

I have uploaded all you need to change the drive to a benq1640 with BSRB firmware which has the mid code from your dual layer disc's.

It's either flash or buy a new drive . It's not hard to do.

download what I uploaded http://ascii.adsl24.co.uk/flash2benq.rar

extract rar file if you do not have winrar get it here www.rarlabs.com

once extracted double click bqflash.exe and then click open firmware you want to load BSRB.exe make sure your plex 740 has no disc in drive and tray is closed and that in the dropdown box the plex is listed.

then click flash (do not stop it half way thru or power off or restart)

once it has finished restart your computer

It's entirely up to you as surely the drive is out of warranty and your not having much luck burning TOP OF IT'S CLASS media

Flashing the drive is your risk I have flashed hundreds of drives without ill effect.

Thanks for the help but i tried that and it became worse. Instead of 11 percent it stopped at 5 percent. The drive might be having problems writing to DLs I guess. Thanks for the help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.