I got a warning burning a dual layer disc

maxxjulie

W 20:45:18 Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_06)

What is that? I read in a different forum that the layer break isn't set, but that doesn't make sense. The program supposed to calculate it. I used dvd decrypter with anydvd to rip the dvd and changed the i/o tab to elaborate bytes. then i burn with imgburn but i leave all the settings alone.

I just Verified it successfully with IMGBurn. I'll watch it tonight to see if it plays properly. Am I doing something wrong or is that message supposed to be there? I've made dual layer discs before on a a different pc and don't remember seeing that message.

Edited by maxxjulie

ImgBurn has a whole load of new code to do with layerbreak stuff.

DVD Decrypter was 'stupid' in this area - as such, that error message didn't even exist in it.

You cannot just magically create a layerbreak within an ISO file. Files have to start at the exact sector to allow a cell to meed the criteria required for a layerbreak position.

So although the burn (and verify) went ok, you may have a problem at the layer change on your standalone dvd players.

Basically what I can see from your log is that the main VTS group is probably VTS_06 and within that, there are no cells in any of the PGC's that start on an LBA that's a multiple of 16.

ImgBurn has a whole load of new code to do with layerbreak stuff.

DVD Decrypter was 'stupid' in this area - as such, that error message didn't even exist in it.

You cannot just magically create a layerbreak within an ISO file. Files have to start at the exact sector to allow a cell to meed the criteria required for a layerbreak position.

So although the burn (and verify) went ok, you may have a problem at the layer change on your standalone dvd players.

Basically what I can see from your log is that the main VTS group is probably VTS_06 and within that, there are no cells in any of the PGC's that start on an LBA that's a multiple of 16.

I made a copy of the same dvd with CLoneDvd and it gave me a message about Fixing IFO problems and time mapping inconsistancies. So I guess the dvd has a problem. I've used IMGBurn for at about 10 dl burns and this is the first time I've ever seen that warning. Has to be the dvd.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.