Xbox 360 DVDs

wunderdawg

I put a 360 game into my computer, and tried to write it to a blank disk because I figgured it is a DVD, and ImgBurn helps get past the protection. However, when I tried it in my Xbox 360, the only part written to the disk was what the computer could read, and not any of the game itself. Is there any way around that, or do I need to use a different type of program?

Thanks! :)

-Joe

There is only one visible partition on an xbox 360 drive that a normal PC ROM drive can see and they are video files, so any normal PC drive + normal program will only read those. The rest of the files are hidden away so normal PC ROM drives cannot see them.

If you want to understand more search google about PC ROM drives and xbox 360 games

you can burn x60 images with imgburn just fine remember you will need a dvd+-DL disc. That wasn't really your question though, img burn doesnt read all the files when extracting i believe like the security sectors etc but try checking out xbox scene for more help

• 4 months later...

Yesterday i succesfully recorded my first xbox 360 game after alot of attemps. but my xbox only read it once weird hey?

And a second thing if i write a game with smart burn on will it improve the DVD compatibility

All dumb questions i know pls let me know here is my log to let you see if i went wrong

I 14:22:00 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 14:22:00 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 14:22:00 Total Physical Memory: 1,039,596 KB - Available: 734,224 KB

I 14:22:00 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:22:00 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:22:01 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

jumper.log

Edited by WitWolfy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.