A minor suggestion

JasonFriday13

A few days ago I bought a spindle of Verb CD-Rs so that I could refresh my backup folder (apps that either too small for a dvd or run best on a cd, eg Platform SDK Windows Server 2003 SP1). All I am doing is reading the cd to an image, then writing it to my new Verb CD-Rs. But after being read I have to switch to write mode, then search for the image I just read.

So this is the suggestion. Can you add a checkbox (with caption text similar to "Write image after read") to the read page that automatically switches to write mode with the image just read ready to write?

I know this is minor, but I am just a lazy sod :P . (I'm a bit of a programmer too, so I already made an appropriate solution).

Thanks, I have one burner in my machine (and thats enough for all my needs :)).

PS: I just read the cd changer thread, and it seems like this program might start competing with the commercial products on the market eg, Ner0. Or superseding them :D.

Someone didn't see the 'Add to Write Queue When Done' option from Read mode :thumbup:

That is completely true! I didn't see that until you pointed it out. I have never used the burn queue, so I didn't know what that option did, so I forgot about it. Thanks mmalves :thumbup: .

Everything in write mode is based around the write queue. Even when you only have 1 image in it.

The one you see on the main page is just the first one in the queue. Queue up a couple of images and then move one above the other - you'll notice the text on the front window then changes to match :)

Jason, why not just drag the log window to the main window till it docks (it's quicker than running thru a menu anyway)? The settings are already crowded enough, IMHO.

Regards

I didn't say anything about lame mp3 encoders, but, cue next suggestion: using lame to decode the mp3s in Imgburn! I'm kidding, just wanted a laugh.

I suppose I am not lazy enough to just not ask in the first place.

@blutach: I tend to use the latest builds from rarewares.org, lame but is great!

Another minor suggestion: when double clicking an .iso, I would like an option to use the current Imgburn process (if there is one) to burn the image, instead of creating a new process to burn it.

I'm not really sure how to do that to be honest.

I think I have to prevent the 2nd instance from running fully and instead just search for another instance, pass some custom windows message to it and then shut down.

Remembering that ImgBurn has lots of 'modes' and only Write mode would be suitable for this, it seems a bit hit and miss.

So basically, sorry but it's not something I'll be doing any time soon.

If you want to queue up extra images to an existing instance, drag and drop them into the Write mode source box.

For future reference, if I don't reply to a suggestion I'm usually not interested in it / it's something I've already done / it's something that's been talked about on several occassions.

Oh, ok. I thought this would be a great option to have. I saw a piece of code that prevents a nsis installer having two of the same process running. Something like CreateMutex or similar, not too sure.

And yes, spur of the moment it was, I completely forgot there were other modes to worry about, but you could send a custom message saying "change to write mode", then send a drag'n'drop message with the double-clicked iso as the data.

Just tossing a possible solution around here. If its too hard, don't do it.

I know how to make it so only a single instance can be run, I've used that before elsewhere - but that's about 10% of the problem.

You could also be doing something else at the time (i.e. burning) and so loading images in existing instances is just annoying and prone to causing problems.

Sorry, it's just too messy for my liking and doesn't really add all that much to the program as a whole.

Fair enough, its your program. I guess this would work for a simple program like notepad, but for ImgBurn, it would actually be quite hard to implement. Your program is just so easy to use I forgot how complex it really is.

I was expecting something humorous like "Yes it is too hard, I won't do it :)".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.