error message of sorts at startup

monteca820ce

can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this error....happened on dvd decryptor first so i changed to imgburn and still have the same error

Happens on startup and whenever switching drives

1. tried updating nvidia nforce chipset

2. disabled all virtual drives

3. turned off external usb drives

cant get rif of it

asus p5nd2 sli deluxe mobo

post-2240-1136859115_thumb.jpg

Edited by monteca820ce

I think you must have a picky machine.

I'm guessing it's to do with that DeviceIoControl command being passed an unaligned buffer - it's quite fussy on that for I/O stuff.

I use DeviceIoControl a lot with ImgBurn but normally it uses a central 'aligned' buffer. That IOCTL_STORAGE_MCN_CONTROL function does not.

I've now updated my code so it uses an aligned buffer.

Hopefully 1.2.0.0 (when released) will be ok for you.

Until then, you're safe to ignore the error, it's not causing you any real harm (other than being very annoying!).

Please let me know if any other ones pop up with that same 'The parameter is incorrect' error.

• 3 weeks later...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....mcn_control.asp

Montea820ce, VladDrul. Clink on above link, maybe this will help you guys out. :( . :/ . As LUK said, the next version of IMGBurn will hopefully work this out for you........... :thumbup:

Edited by kevdriver

• 4 weeks later...

Montea820ce, VladDrul. Clink on above link, maybe this will help you guys out. :( . :/ . As LUK said, the next version of IMGBurn will hopefully work this out for you........... :thumbup:

i could not figure out how to do that.....i understand that i need to change the values to disable media change notification but cant figure out how to get there

any help is greatly appreciated

i could not figure out how to do that.....i understand that i need to change the values to disable media change notification but cant figure out how to get there

any help is greatly appreciated

This looks like something for a software developer to follow. Note at the bottom the requirement to declare it in Winioctl.h. This is an input to a compiler I believe.

So, as far as I now, there's nothing you can do to change it in windows following that link.

I don't have this problem, but I do have my "auto insert notification" set to off for all my CD and DVD devices. I wonder if that would help you? I sort of doubt it since it's being controlled by ImgBurn anyway.

I've found some weirdo documentation in the microsoft DDK (driver development kit) that has given me something else to try.

Like the last time, there's no way for ME to know if it'll work or not unless YOU actually try it!

You will of course have to re-enable that option in the settings if/when you try out the next version (1.2.1.0) ;)

• 1 month later...

monteca820ce, One final atempt here............... LoL. Don't know if this will work for you, but..... Unplug the IDE from your burner, restart the comp, go into your system devices and delete your burner drive. Shutdown comp and replug IDE back into burner, restart again and let windows refind it. This might just work for you. :/:thumbup: Good Luck mate... :(:) .

• 8 months later...

You might like to know my experience:

Motherboard: Intel 975xbx

Burner: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W163A (Samsung)

ImgBurn worked fine, but after upgrading the BIOS to 1363 I developed the error described above when running ImgBurn 2.0. I ignored the error and tried a burn, which just led to a series a nasty grating sounds from my drive as it tried to write the lead-in. Shut down the computer, waiting a minute to ensure the drive had reset, chucked the coaster and booted up, but still got the error. Upgraded to version 2.1 and the error is gone ( :) ). Disc is writing fine now.

Ah well I know what causes it on your board... I have the same one :)

It's the filter driver installed for the 3rd party sata adapter. Remove it and the problem will go away - the sata still works fine btw.

The drive is plugged into one of the Intel SATA ports with 2 disks in RAID on 2 of the other ports. Are you saying I should remove the SiliconImage 3114 driver? (I don't use it anyway.)

There are much newer bios versions now btw.

Yes, I've been playing with different BIOSes to see which is best for overclocking. :)

Not the whole driver, just the filter driver. It's called SiRemFil.sys

Open regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

You should find it listed in either the upperfilters or lowerfilters value.

(I can't be sure where exactly - I've already removed it! lol)

Remove it and reboot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.