Imgburn to single layer DVD and layer break, seamless

Endortwo

First, I wanted to say this is a great piece of software.

I've done some searching of the forums and read the guides, but I didn't see a reference to what I was looking for.

I successfully created a single-layer copy of a disc and it plays, but do have a question. I noticed in the Settings, under the General Tab, a check box for "Seamless" under the "Layer Break" heading.

If I check this box, is the layer break removed?

If I leave it unchecked, and I have used DVD Shrink to remove the layer break, does Imgburn put a break in there(this is for a single-layer disc)?

so you don't have to worry about layerbreak or seamless settings as there is no layer break when you reduce to fit on single layer

you only have to worry about seamless if you are burning to dual layer

I saw this option too, but didn't use it yet. Is there a list anywhere as to what players support this or is it those made after a certain year, etc? And, the option is just in a general area, so does this apply only to video or does it help speed up data discs too when they cross the layer break?

It just applies to DVD Video.

There's no list of players that support it, you just have to try it and see I'm afraid.

The option in the settings is there to save people who use the option all the time from clicking it on the actual 'layer break' window. As a one off test, there's no need to touch the one in the settings at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.