Burning ISO file (on comp) to DVD disc

Celt519

I tried the process again and it did not work as the disc came up blank (Damn it)! >_< It looks like I'll have to invest in buying a multi-format burner. I do however, have some questions about that though. When you buy one how does it work? Does this device come with a USB cable drive to hook it up with the comp or do you have to physically remove the current dvd writer that's inside your hardware? If it's the latter I'd be pretty nervous about that because I'm not really a technical person and I'd be afraid if I tampered with it then it might damage the hardware... :unsure: Can these things also be compatible with a PC laptop or do you have to get one that is specifically designed exclusively for portable comps?

I prefer internal drives and it is really simple to install them. Open your case and remove the drive (turn off PC before opening the case) you want to replace, there should be two cables hooked up to the rear, one is the power cable and the flat one is going to be your IDE ribbon. Place them in the same way on the new drive, they are unique and can only go in one place. Also look at the back of the drive you are replacing for jumper pins labeled MA, SL, CS...use a pair of needle nose pliers to place the jumper in the same position of the new drive. Put you cover back on the case and boot your PC, the drive should be recognized and you can begin burning. New drives from Lite-On & Pioneer can be found online at NewEgg.com for around $30-$40.

Well...I went and bought a multi-format burner and tried 3 different software applications (including ImgBurn) and it still did not work. I burned the ISO file onto a dvd with the multiformat burner and the result was the same: the dvd turned up blank with no file inside it and could not be read by a DVD player even though when I insert it into a computer it's coming up as a "DVD-ROM." Just the disc is coming up blank even after I tried to write the ISO file on it. I'm convinced now more than ever that it's not a DVD problem, or a disc problem. I think it's just the file itself is bad and there's no burner or comp that is able to convert it into DVD format even though it plays beautifully on VLC Media Player. After a week and a half of trying different softwares and research on various forums, it looks like I have no choice but to give up. I guess all I can say is, I tried.

Thanks for the help though. I appreciate all the suggestions/guides that you guys have provided me with.

Is the ISO even valid in the first place?!

Mount it in DAEMON Tools and look at the virtual drive in explorer, or open the ISO in WinRar (or similar), or open it in IsoBuster.

Even ImgBurn seems to say it's not a valid image.

I 11:10:50 Source File File System(s): None

If there's no file system then there's nothing for your player to play or windows to see.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.