JPEG Format Not Supported

Royal Photography

When I tried to burn JPEG files to a CD, the error message stated that the format was not supported. As you can guess by the screen name, I am a photographer, and most (translation: 99.999%) of the files I burn are JPEG, TIFF, or NEF format. Is the problem in the software, or do I need to do things differently to meet the software's requirements. The procedure I followed was to navigate to the file folder I wanted, highlight the image files, and click "open". The files display as JPEG when I mouse over them, and the software I use (camera original images, Nikon Capture 4, or Photoshop CS2) all append the .jpg file designation automatically when generating the JPEG files.

Log:

I 10:52:42 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 10:52:42 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 10:52:42 Total Physical Memory: 2,087,656 KB - Available: 1,282,880 KB

W 10:52:42 Drive O:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 10:52:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:52:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:52:42 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD±RW!

Royal Photography

You probably got confused with the "Write Image" mode. Your images are picture images. Write mode writes data images. Hence you tried writing your picture as a data image, and that is why you got an "unsupported image" message.

Switch to build mode, then select all your pictures. Choose iso image (data), or burn with device. If you make an iso image (data), you can write that file using write mode. :thumbup:

You probably got confused with the "Write Image" mode. Your images are picture images. Write mode writes data images. Hence you tried writing your picture as a data image, and that is why you got an "unsupported image" message.

Switch to build mode, then select all your pictures. Choose iso image (data), or burn with device. If you make an iso image (data), you can write that file using write mode. :thumbup:

To: JasonFriday13:

Thanks for the detailed guidance. Your help enabled me to successfully burn a CD of images. This program follows an entirely different process than the ones I am familiar with. (Being 62 years old, I didn't grow up with computers; so I need a bit more help than the younger crowd.)

Royal Photography

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.