Error In Starting ImgBurn after updating Silicon image 3132

blackbird

after updating my Silicon Image 3132 SATA controller by connecting to microsoft windows update site, each time I start ImgBurn&DVD Decrypter, They pop an error message, i write the first line here :

DeviceioControl(IoCTL_STORAGE_MCN_CONTROL) Failed!

Unabele to disable media change notification

k14fhg.png

j8grd1.png

k14eip.png

i search the line "Unabele to disable media change notification" and also the 1 line in google and can't see any solution, also Silicon image site is useless as they direct me to board maker for troubleshooting, the main board is an ASUS P5WD2 Premium and i send the problem to them but asus support guy just told me to updtae my DVD RW firmware and some other basic instruction that dosn't work at all...

i install a fresh copy of xp on my another hard disk just to make sure Sil driver make this problem and i find that actually it is driver provided by microsoft that make this, one from asus cd is ok so go back to other xp and change the driver but problem still exist and i have no restore point in my main xp :-( also i noticed there is a check box in ImgBurn&DVD Decrypter Tools-->Setting-->Device-->Disable Media change notification that if clear no error popped but i hesitate it maybe affect my burning quality so please help me to solve problem as i really hate to reinstalling xp and all my aps and setting for such problem ...

You may want to check out this thread: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=569 - ironically only posted in the last day or so.

I NEVER, EVER accept any hardware drivers suggested by Windows Update anymore. The couple of times I did, resulted in numerous problems. I ended up having to remove soundcard and network card, manually delete every trace of drivers for both from my registry and hard drive, then re-install them. I now only ever get the drivers from the manufacturers site.

• 1 month later...

Hi Lightening UK,

First of all THANK YOU, THANK YOU for DVDD and now ImgBurn. I was hesitant to change to ImgBurn also ... but I just downloaded your V1.2.0.0 and installed it on my computer ... it works fine ... but when I was backing-up my own dvd I noticed that ImgBurn gave me a "WARNING" ... but my burn was completed A-OK and my back-up DVD plays back OK. I tried the back-up with DVDD and I did NOT get any Warnings.

Could you shed any light on my issue ... I am attaching my LOG FILE from ImgBurn ... Plus where the heck do I get the IDE Drivers is asking for? THANKS!

I 12:32:34 ImgBurn Version 1.2.0.0 started!

I 12:32:34 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 12:32:34 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:32:34 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:32:34 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD?RW!

I 12:32:58 Operation Started!

I 12:32:58 Source File: E:\1\REMEMBER_THE_TITANS.ISO

I 12:32:58 Source File Sectors: 2,054,763 (MODE1/2048)

I 12:32:58 Source File Size: 4,208,154,624 bytes

I 12:32:58 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 12:32:58 Destination Device: [1:0:0] BENQ DVD DD DW1640 BSOB (D:) (ATA)

I 12:32:58 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: TYG02) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x)

I 12:32:58 Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496

I 12:32:58 Write Mode: DVD

I 12:32:58 Write Type: DAO

I 12:32:58 Write Speed: 4x

I 12:32:58 Link Size: Auto

I 12:32:58 Test Mode: No

I 12:32:58 BURN-Proof: Enabled

W 12:32:58 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Not Supported! - Update your motherboard / IDE drivers!!!

I 12:32:58 Filling Buffer...

I 12:32:59 Writing LeadIn...

I 12:33:08 Writing Image...

I 12:46:23 Synchronising Cache...

I 12:47:03 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:14:04

I 12:47:03 Average Write Rate: 5,175 KB/s (3.7x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,594 KB/s (4.0x)

You need to find out the chipset used on your motherboard.

If you don't know the answer to that immdeiately, look in Device Manager under the system branch.

You should see several entries with a similar manufacturer - be it Intel, Via, Ali etc.

Once you know that, visit the appropriate website and download the latest motherboard/chipset/ide drivers and install them.

btw, have you manually disabled autorun/play at system level or anything?

These warnings are added in newer versions of the program, that's why you've not seen them before.

You need to find out the chipset used on your motherboard.

If you don't know the answer to that immdeiately, look in Device Manager under the system branch.

You should see several entries with a similar manufacturer - be it Intel, Via, Ali etc.

Once you know that, visit the appropriate website and download the latest motherboard/chipset/ide drivers and install them.

btw, have you manually disabled autorun/play at system level or anything?

These warnings are added in newer versions of the program, that's why you've not seen them before.

Hi LUK,

Thanks for your help.

Q1: I found my Manufacturer ... it is INTEL ... but there are 5 or 6 entries ... which one do I telll the computer to Update?

Q2: Sinc eI don't feel comfortable with the Step in Q1 ... can I leave everything as is ... since my system is working OK .... I don't care if I get a Warning as long as the Final product is A-OK and the DVD back-up plays OK.

Q3: I have noticed that my "AutoRun/Play" function has stopped once I added my BenQ to Primary position and moved my Samsung DVD/CDRW which was DELL OEM to Secondary position! I personally did NOT do anything (at least I Think So!?!?!?). ... Sooooo!

Thanks again for all of your help.

G.

Ah, if it's intel, that's pretty easy.

Just get the chipset INF utility from:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...44&submit=Go%21

Get the top one and install that.

For the IDE one, I'll need to know which exact chipset your motherboard uses. If you can get a screenshot of the Device Manager window with that system branch expaned, that would help :)

There is a setting in ImgBurn that will tell you the current state of AutoInsert / Run / Play within your machine.

It's on the 'I/O' tab in the settings. Ensure that's ticked.

Then you can look at other autoplay settings via Microsoft's little 'Tweak UI' program.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.