Cannot Format Medium-Incompatible Medium

TomBrooklyn

Got the following error w/ a brand new DVD+RW. Prior to that, I tried burning the same file to the same disk on a NEC2005A burner on the same computer. It said the disk needed to be formated and I let ImgBrn do it. It said it was erasing and then it couldn't see the disk or something. The file is from DVDRB Pro which was set to no ISO burn direct to disk. That burn onto a previously used DVD+RW had problems so I was trying to redo it on a brand new disk. I don't know what's going on.

post-1305-1201235543_thumb.jpg

Try a full erase/format on it. (or was that error after you'd done one of those?) I assume you've checked for firmware updates?

Hi.

I'm not sure if I've done a format on this new disk. ImgBrn did an erase on it.

Edit: I couldn't find how to format it but I was looking at the wrong drive letter. I found the right drive letter and started a full format with Drag to Disk before I saw you replied again, Lightning.

Edited by TomBrooklyn

Hi,

I started a full format before I saw your last reply Lightning. I'm guessing I should let it finish so after that I'll try the firmware update. I got the zip file you showed (Thanks.) I hope that is self explanatory because I have no idea how to do that. Then I'll try to burn again and post the log if there are any other issues. Thanks. Cheers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.