The Ok button in the Next disc funtion

Cynthia

Using the Que with default settings. After the first disc is burned the program tells me to insert disc #2. I put a new disc in the tray (I don't close the tray) and press the OK button and the tray closes. Then it tells me to press the OK button again (or wait some seconds and it will do it for me).

Why? I've already pressed it once... :blink:

Edited by cynthia

There's a timeout on how long that window will wait for when looking to see if the drive is ready to burn.

The code behind it is not in a thread and so anything I do in it kills the main thread that deals with all the drawing and keeping the program GUI responsive.

It won't accept that the drive is ready to burn until the main window (behind it) says it is and has enabled the big 'Write' button again - so basically it relies on that happening. You can easily check what's going on by looking at the status bar of the main window.

When you click the 'Ok' button and the drive reports it's not ready, ImgBurn will attempt to close the tray - and it waits until that command has finished processing.

If the time taken for that was over 1 second (which it normally is), it'll enable the 'Auto Ok' timer event (even if disabled in the settings) so that it keeps checking the status of the Write button in the main window. As soon as that button gets enabled the 'Auto Ok in x seconds' will pop up (x defaults to 10). In this (your) situation maybe it's better I don't go by the value set in the settings but just make it happen straight away and use '1' as the value of seconds.

If the time taken was under 1 second it'll continue to poll the drive for a bit longer. If the drive report's it's ready it'll then check the status of the Write button for a bit longer - before eventually timing out.

There are loads of reasons it might not become ready and so it's no good me just waiting forever.

So anyway, I've now done it so the tray loading time is over 500ms instead of 1000ms (1 second) - I can only assume your drive was doing it too quickly and hence not running the correct bit of code.

I've also set the 'Auto OK' timeout after it's ready again to 1 second instead of whatever's configured in the settings.

They're minor tweaks but it might help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.