Burn 2x to disk?

mdfan

Using imgburn for the first time today. Im familiar with shrink/decrypter/nero.

I have video files - vts files- to burn. Added to imgburn to burn to dvd+ media.

Imgburn give me an error about the drive not being locked- I read this may be a firmware issue. Im checking it out.

The real question- the program burns, then ejects the disk. I took this disk to a dvd player, and it plays fine. However, if I reinsert this disk, it goes thru the burning process again, then the program says its done.

If I insert a new dvd blank in the drive after the first "burn", it will give me an error.

What is the issue? Why does it want to "burn" 2x? And is the second "burn" necessary- it doesnt appear to be?

Newbie here- searched for this topic but didnt find it. Thanks in advance.

Using imgburn for the first time today. Im familiar with shrink/decrypter/nero.

I have video files - vts files- to burn. Added to imgburn to burn to dvd+ media.

Imgburn give me an error about the drive not being locked- I read this may be a firmware issue. Im checking it out.

The real question- the program burns, then ejects the disk. I took this disk to a dvd player, and it plays fine. However, if I reinsert this disk, it goes thru the burning process again, then the program says its done.

If I insert a new dvd blank in the drive after the first "burn", it will give me an error.

What is the issue? Why does it want to "burn" 2x? And is the second "burn" necessary- it doesnt appear to be?

Newbie here- searched for this topic but didnt find it. Thanks in advance.

The locking issue is more of a safety concern than anything...While your burning, if the drive isn't locked, any other program can access it at the same time ImgBurn is burning resulting in a bad burn/coaster. Its not a firmware issue.

You have "Verify" checked, it is highly recommend to verify each burn. What that does is, ImgBurn burns the files to a disc, after it completes it will eject the disc (mine ejects and then automatically closes again so that it can verify), when it verifies it looks just like it does burning but whats its doing is verifying the file integrity of the files on the disc, to the files on the hard drive.

If its burning slowly (2X is slow), its either the discs aren't rated higher than 2X (unlikely) or your DMA is off.

Please go here to rectify your problem - http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=59

Edited by jmet

Thanks for the reply

By 2x, I mean 2 times, not double speed. Sorry for the confusion.

I was wondering if it was related to "verify". So, its burned after it ejects, but the second trip thru is to verify the burn was successful?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.