DVD help

br0therj0e

I know this won't fall under any specific category, but not sure where else to go.

Ok about a month ago I downloaded the update for windows xp and my dvd drives disappeared. I went through the process of deleting the upper and lower filters and it would fix it until I rebooted and I'd have the same problem all over again. After being extremely frustrated I just completely reloaded Windows. My drives were detecting again and working just fine. Well about two weeks ago I get a windows update and bam again my drives aren't. This time though my drives are detected only they won't detect a cd/dvd in them. When I go to delete the upper and lower filters they aren't even there. I updated the firmware on my drive and that didn't do any good either. I'm at a complete loss here. The problem isn't the drives they are working just fine. I don't want to reload windows again, is there something I can do or a fix I should know about???

Currently I'm running sp2, with a amd athlon 1.8 with 1 gig of ram, on a dragon v2.0 motherboard. The dvd rewriters I have are an IDE Lite On 20x dvd/r that is only chained by itself. I also have an LG 18x that is sata. Any help would be greatly appreciated even if it's to send me to another board that might have the answer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.