version 2.4.0.0 freeze

drahnier

Just installed version 2.4.0.0 on my laptop running Vista Business 32bit and experienced a solid freeze of the program when trying to "Create image file from disc."

The details: I use MagicISO (version 2.5 build 079) to create two virtual CD-ROM drives on this laptop (as it does not have a physical one). I started ImgBurn and selected 'Create image file from disc". ImgBurrn appears to detect the two virtual CD-ROM drives but then freezes with 'getting media status ..." displayed in it's status bar. After my patience did run out, I tried to close ImgBurn, but got no response. I then tried to kill ImgBurn using TaskManager. No luck either! I then used TaskManger to initiate a system restart: Although Vista seems to log me out, it then just displays the welcome screen with a 'Shutting down ..." message. I waited ten minutes before regaining control of my laptop by using the power button ...

That's probably their problem (the virtual drives) and not mine then. DAEMON Tools works fine.

Commands should not make your system freeze. They should work or they should error out.

I had some strange problems with Deamon Tools on my system, so I switched to MagicISO.

Anyway, as there appears to be a problem, would it be too much to ask for to have ImgBurn start a watchdog/timeout timer before it starts querying a drive status?

Edited by drahnier

If you enabled I/O debug mode before it tries to get the drive status, the last entry in the log will be the command the virtual drive is hanging on. (Keep the log window open!)

Report that to the MagicISO people. If you copy + paste everything from the (I/O debug enabled) log here too, that might help.

If you enabled I/O debug mode before it tries to get the drive status, the last entry in the log will be the command the virtual drive is hanging on. (Keep the log window open!)

Report that to the MagicISO people. If you copy + paste everything from the (I/O debug enabled) log here too, that might help.

Will do. In case I get a response I will post it here.

Many thanks and good luck. :)

Of course DT has been updated recently so maybe you initial issue with that has been sorted anyway?

DT is by far the best virtual drive going (and I can't stand MagicISO/PowerISO!).

Also, MagicISO is on v5.4(build 251) now... why don't you try the newer version?

EDIT: Ooops, it's known as MagicDisc, not MagicISO and your MagicDisc is the current version.

Cool, did they give you a clue as to the root cause?

Basically I don't want them putting in a special workaround if it's something I'm 110% doing wrong - but as real drives (and other virtual ones) are ok with my code, I'm going to assume it was their problem and not mine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.