US Sci-Fi Channel to air new Doctor Who

digidragon

What! The US got a "Doctor Who" story before the UK!!! Scandalous! :whistling:

Good news about Eccleston and The Prisoner. I don't have Sky, but I know a man who does...

Also, ITV (The BBC's main terrestrial rival) are apparently remaking one of their own sci-fi classics, Sapphire & Steel, which I used to like.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, for some bizarre reason, we got the Doctor Who movie first. :) Had NBC made its version with Spielberg, I would guess we would have gotten that first, too. :lol:

Also, on the initial Doctor Who DVD releases, we got things R2 didn't. They've stopped that practice, but, we in R1 do benefit from the R2 releases because the R1's usually have the errors on the R2 releases fixed. :D

For anyone who has seen the last season of the Teen Titans animated series, it appears that the close resemblence of The Brain to a Dalek is intended, according to the producers. :) The fact that he also has a Tenth Planet style Cyberman voice may also play on that, too.

I can't wait for the cyberman episodes !!! Are there really 4 episodes this series featuring them ? A mad fan here at work told me that this next episode is a 2 parter and then there is a 2 parter at the end too !!

Oh and last weeks episode that looked weak from the trailers was actually quite good, seems the Dr is getting a bit more romantic interest this series than any I can remember before......

Wow! A Dr Who sticker book, me want one!!!!

I heard the Gelth were back, thought they were a bit weak first time round though.

This weeks episode was very good, nice understated humour and I liked the horse following the Doctor!

Bring on the Cybermen I cant wait!!!

Edited by jack

• 2 weeks later...

"The Doctor Dances"

You know? For a dumb title, it's a pretty good story! :) I was afraid it would be just a gimmick, focusing on a "What if" idea: let's a story where the Doctor dances! Really dumb. ;) Thankfully, though, it's just a small side part. So, the title is all that's wrong with it. Because the whole explanation of the gas masks and the nanites works well. But, my favorite part is how jubilant the Doctor is when he realizes: "EVERYBODY LIVES! Just this once, Rose! Everyone lives!" Which is a Doctor Who rarity! In fact, the only time I can think of where no one died (Enemies included.) was WAY back in Season 1 with The Edge Of Destruction. Because death always surrounds the Doctor. Everywhere he's gone, people died. Not that it was his fault, but, it seemed like he walked hand in glove with the Angel Of Death. Especially given the Time War and what the Doctor has had to do in it. What little we know, anyway. :)

"Boom Town"

Loved the play on words! :lol: I think it is a better use of Slitheen this time around. Much like Father's Day, this works best in the simple character interaction moments. Rose and Mickey, the Doctor and the Slitheen at dinner. Set pieces that sound silly when taken separately, but work well as character analysis. For instance, the Slitheen taunting everyone into seeing who could simply look at it, knowing they were condemning it to death.

Sci-Fi Channel even had a DVD extra from the first series boxed set, an interview with the actor playing Captain Jack. Aired during the last commercial break. Plus, an ad during the closing credits for the latest series of mini-hardback novels, like I Am Dalek.

No Who next week because of a weekend long holiday movie marathon for Memorial Day. After that, we approach the end with Bad Wolf and The Parting Of The Ways.

I agree with you db. The Doctor Dances was a naff title. But it was a cracking episode.

When I first saw Boom Town I thought it fell a bit flat. But on re-watching it, it was a much better episode, for the reasons you say.

The season finale is excellent too, once they get the gameshow stuff out of the way.

Talking of season finales, I have it on good authority (a BBC Wales source) that the Daleks and the Cybermen are both back in this season's finale... :w00t:

I heard that too digi - a dalek, cybermen and the gelph !!

Loving this series - the 2 parter cybermen episodes were great, next weeks episode looks good too !! Set in Churchill's England with demonic tv sets !!

Well, after having seen it, I can confirm two Peter Cushing movie style Daleks do appear in Looney Tunes: Back In Action. All of their dialogue is stock sound from Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150 A.D., though. Robby The Robot, a Triffid, Ro-Man from Robot Monster, the Metaluna Mutant (This Island Earth) and the man from Planet X also show up. Plus, even... one of the fiends without a face! Remember that post? ;)

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtop...nd+without+face

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after a more careful analysis, I noticed two edits Sci-Fi Channel made to "Dalek."

The first one is the removal of the scenes where the Doctor shows Van Statten how to use that alien musical instrument when they first meet in the office. My guess is to fit in commercials.

The second was the edit we all saw coming. Van Statten's "Goddamn it, talk to me!" became "... Damn it, talk to me!"

The canoodling her spoon line was left in! =))

I did something unusual yesterday. I've never been one to celebrate Father's Day. Even when my dad was alive, and, I regret not doing it enough, now, of course. Even after his death, I never did anything to mark Father's Day when it came around, but, this time seemed a little different, especially since I had the tape at hand. So, I again watched the "Father's Day" episode of the 2005 season, probably my favorite episode behind "Dalek."

"Fathers Day" was a good story. This weeks was a good one as well even though Rose and the Doctor were hardly in it. The sad news is Billie :wub: is leaving :( Apparently she dies in the season finale and there's Daleks and Cybermen in it :)

Don't suppose it's too much to hope for that if she dies she comes back as a Cyberman? :devil: I mean, we've had a companion die valiantly to prevent the Cybermen from winning... but, what about a really, final loss. No heroic death that saves all? Just a win for the Cybermen. ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.