US Sci-Fi Channel to air new Doctor Who

digidragon

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He used Martha as a distraction, she dropped her handbag and I when I bent down to pick it up for her.........Wahey!!! "Get off you bloody poo basher!!!!!" and my watch was gone!! :o

Edited by jack

You keep telling yourself that Jack, we all know you couldn't resist his WW2 US Airforce uniform.... :lol: You just had to let him pop his plane in your hanger !

Only you would think like that you repressed homo!!! :D

It's actually supposed to be an RAF uniform I think. Isnt it? :unsure:

Looking at your gifs jack, I think you may have a thing about the women in Dr Who. :w00t:

Anyway another season draws to a close and overall some excellent stuff. Don't think they'll get rid of the Master for good in the last ep, so he'll probably be back. RTD said in Confidential that they were resurrecting an old villain next season, so who could that be? My dosh is on Davros.

If RTD runs true to form he would have dropped hints of forthcoming villains in previous eps he wrote. Only trouble is, if he did I didn't spot them...

Ah well...

Looking at your gifs jack, I think you may have a thing about the women in Dr Who

Bugger! I didnt want it to be obvious......

Rumour is RTD wants to bring the Ice Warriors back, he's mentioned them in a couple of interviews. Would love to see The Sontarans myself, you got to admit they were cool. :)

Well, it's finally been confirmed that the Aussie pop princess Ms Kylie Minogue is to be in the Doctor Who xmas special, Voyage of the Damned.

The 39-year-old actress and singer will have a "major lead role" in the hour-long special.

Minogue said: "It is an incredible thrill to be joining David and the entire Dr Who production for this year's Christmas special."

The Christmas episode starts filming in Cardiff (in Wales) later this month.

Catherine Tate as the new companion, and Dennis Hopper as a new villain, according to the Sun.

The Sun also says that Doctor Who after the next series would be a number of specials shown throughout the year.

The Last of the Time Lords. I liked some of it and yet other bits I didn't. The revelation about Captain Jack was good as was Martha leaving. They hung it out a bit her going and then just as you think she was gone, she turned round and went back into the tardis. The bit where the hand picks up the ring from the ashes of the Master at the end was so Flash Gordon, so it looks like they will be bringing back the master, but with a different actor each time - or actress.

I am writing this with my new speech recognition software. It's groovy, I just speak into a microphone and the words appear on the page. It's different from writing a sentence because you cannot speak and figure it out as you go. You have to know exactly what you're saying before you speak. Just thought I'd let you know anyway.

PS it knew tardis!

Get me a signed pic of the lovely Kylie please digi !!!!!!! ;)

As for the Capt Jack uniform I thought it was a US one based on the End of Days episode of Torchwood - probably fooked that up tho !

Well, we meet him for the first time in The Empty Child when it appears he's in the RAF uniform of an American volunteer. There were a number of Americans who volunteered to fight for us before the rest of their country woke up and joined in and I think thats what he's supposed to be.

The Sun is often correct on what happens in Dr Who, although they missed out on Catherine Tate. I'm looking forward to seeing her actually, I reckon her charecter will be toned down a lot by the time she is settled in. Less shouting I hope.

The only problem with Kylie being in Voyage of the Damned is that it was bloody cold on the Titanic and she will be all bundled up, they should have saved her for a Planet of Fire type episode. Bikins and beaches!!!

Last of the Timelords wasnt as good as The sound of Drums but still a bloody good episode.

Oh Crikey!!! I've found myself on youtube!!!! :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

An episode of Dr Who just ended and I got caught watching it, by a couple women who thinks its stupid. I find it hard to follow when I only catch 2 or 3 episodes a year.

But we all were wondering how long he's been on.

I certainly , at least I think it was an older fella , when I used to watch regularly, but I also remember being a childless man. So that would be 29 years ago

Just how long have we been watching reruns here in the states?

Nice one Jack - didn't know you had grown a beard mate !! :lol:

Did you see this clip too ?

and this one !! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qZUpb8Pz9c&NR=1

Alright mate, hows it going?

Yeah, I had seen those, Dead Ringers is bloody funny in parts. Some of the Dr Who stuff is pretty good.

The first episode was transmitted the day after the assassination of John F. Kennedy. There is a myth that the transmission was delayed by ten minutes due to extended news coverage; in fact, it went out just eighty seconds late. However, due to the fact that it was felt that the coverage of the events of the assassination as well as a series of power blackouts across the country may have caused too many viewers to miss this introduction to a new series it was broadcast again on 30 November, just before the broadcast of episode two. This repeat was not broadcast in Northern Ireland. The repeat is to date the only occasion in the series' history that an episode starring William Hartnell has been repeated on the BBC's main channel, BBC One (then simply "BBC Television").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Unearthly_Child

Somewhere I have a paperback version of the the first story by David Whiteker, it's an odd mix of The Uneartly Child and the Daleks if I remember rightly.

• 2 weeks later...

The Doctor and Donna book a date with Agatha Christie.

Filming is underway for Series Four of Doctor Who, with Catherine Tate reprising her role as Donna, the runaway bride featured in last year's Christmas Special.

The start of the new series will see Donna tracking down the Time Lord during an alien emergency in modern-day London. The couple are destined to experience a series of wonderful adventures throughout the new series including meeting one of Doctor Who's most popular aliens, The Ood in a brand new episode, Planet of The Ood.

Catherine Tate said: "I am delighted to be returning to Doctor Who. I had a blast last Christmas and look forward to travelling again through time and space with that nice man from Gallifrey."

Donna and The Doctor will also be travelling through time for an encounter with the legendary murder mystery novelist, Agatha Christie, played by Jekyll star Fenella Woolgar. Fenella will be joined by The Good Life actress Felicity Kendal, who will star as Lady Clemency Eddison.

"What a brilliant idea that Agatha Christie and Doctor Who should meet!," noted Matthew Prichard, Agatha Christie's grandson. "Two characters whose contribution to British entertainment is absolutely unrivalled. As far as I know my grandmother, Agatha Christie, never saw Doctor Who, but I am sure she would have been intrigued, excited and above all flattered by all this attention in 2007."

Doctor Who's executive producer and head writer, Russell T Davies comments: "Visiting Agatha Christie has been on my wish-list for ages now, and for the Doctor, it's a real meeting of minds! Viewers can expect many more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Blackadder and Notting Hill Actor Tim McInnerny will also guest star later in the series.

Freema Agyeman who has played Martha Jones, The Doctor's companion throughout the critically acclaimed third series will return to the show to join The Doctor and Donna mid series.

Original story:http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/n.../10/47771.shtml

• 3 weeks later...

Doctor Who to return for fifth series in 2010.

After months of media speculation, the BBC can confirm that the BAFTA award-winning Doctor Who will return for a fifth series in Spring 2010.

Viewers are in for a treat this Christmas, as a special episode starring David Tennant and Kylie Minogue will be broadcast on BBC One in December 2007.

Series Four, which went into production in July 2007, will hit UK screens in Spring 2008, followed by a special episode for Christmas 2008.

In 2009 Doctor Who will return with three specials starring David Tennant, with Head Writer, Russell T Davies.

The full-length fifth series will transmit in 2010.

Jane Tranter, Controller, BBC Fiction, says: "Doctor Who is one of the BBC's best loved and most successful dramas. Its journey over the past three series has been one of the most ambitious and exciting that we have had, and I'm delighted to be able to confirm not only three exciting specials for 2009, but a fifth series in 2010. "

Menna Richards, Controller, BBC Wales, says: "The success of Doctor Who is a fantastic tribute to the dedication and expertise of the production team at BBC Wales who have worked on the project from the outset. This announcement is marvellous news for all involved, and more importantly for the programme's amazing fan base and audience. BBC Wales is looking forward to producing the fifth series."

Following the critically acclaimed season three finale, the BBC has announced that Catherine Tate is set to return to the TARDIS for the complete 13-week run of series four, reprising her role as Donna from the 2006 Christmas special.

Freema Agyeman, who won praise for her portrayal of Martha Jones in series three, is also set to return mid series four.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/n.../03/48471.shtml

More news:

Who's Hugo Win

Doctor Who triumphs at the World Science Fiction Convention.

Doctor Who has scooped its second consecutive Hugo Award - widely considered to be the Oscars of the Science Fiction world - at the 65th World Science Fiction Convention held in Yokohama, Japan over the weekend.

In the presentation on Saturday 1 September, The Girl in the Fireplace, an episode from series two written by Steven Moffat and directed by Euros Lyn, was named Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form.

This is Moffat's second Hugo, having picked up the same award for The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances in 2006. Steven travelled to Japan's Nippon 2007, the 65th World Science Fiction Convention, to collect the award.

"Best thing about winning a (second) Hugo, is that it's for Doctor Who," Steven told us. "Cos years ago, when I was a tiny little Doctor Who fan, I bought this American magazine called Starlog. It was all about Star Wars and Star Trek (whatever those are) but the reason I bought it was in a tiny box in the corner it said "Doctor Who"!

"And I was so excited that this big important American magazine had an article about my favourite show! And it broke my heart. Because in the article it said "In all fairness Doctor Who is unlikely ever to win a Hugo ...

"Two Hugos, I've got!! Two Hugos for Doctor Who!! And I'd say more, but I'm off to the Starlog offices to dance around and flick v-signs."

"Steven Moffat broke our hearts and thrilled us in his romantic, witty, terrifying script, The Girl In A Fireplace and I'm delighted the episode has won the prestigious Hugo Award," added Executive Producer and Head of Drama, BBC Wales, Julie Gardner. "It's a great honour for Doctor Who to have won this award for a second year."

Slitheen For Sarah Jane

Raxacoricofallapatorians return for spin-off show.

New CBBC series The Sarah Jane Adventures will feature the return of some familiar Doctor Who enemies when it debuts later this month.

The Slitheen, a family of scheming monsters first seen in Aliens of London / World War Three are back - and out for revenge.

Following on from a successful special screened on New Year's Day, the ten-part CBBC series stars Elisabeth Sladen as investigative journalist Sarah Jane Smith. She'll be joined by young friends Maria and Luke plus new recruit Clyde.

"It's great to be back enjoying Sarah Jane with some fantastic new adventures," Sladen revealed to the BBC's in-house Ariel magazine. "There's still so much more to find out about her after all these years."

Executive Producer Davies added: "This is a wonderful opportunity, to use all our Doctor Who resources here in Cardiff for the making of a brand new drama for CBBC."

Davies also said he hoped that brand new viewers would be attracted to the 'full-blooded' adventure series.

Look out for the extensively updated Sarah Jane Adventures website, which will relaunch to coincide with the series.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/

I kind of like the thought of Dr Who winning a Hugo award, that ranks it alongside Dune, Ringworld, Stranger in a Strange land and most of Arthur C. Clarke's stuff. Nice! :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For all you American Torchwood fans (if there are any!) BBC America starts showing the new series/season (2) on 26 January. BBC UK haven't announced the date here yet, so it looks like the US will be getting it at the same time as the UK. Or even before... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Billie's back!

Fresh from waving her baps about in The secret diary of a callgirl Billie Piper is to return in series 4!! :thumbsup:

Rose Tyler returns for Series Four.

Following a series of unconfirmed reports across the media this morning, we're delighted to officially confirm that Billie Piper will return as Rose Tyler in Series Four of Doctor Who.

Anything you may read elsewhere about when, how or for how long Rose returns to Doctor Who should be treated as pure speculation at this point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/n.../27/51031.shtml

Edited by jack

i305032633256595wz1.jpg

For all you American Torchwood fans (if there are any!) BBC America starts showing the new series/season (2) on 26 January. BBC UK haven't announced the date here yet, so it looks like the US will be getting it at the same time as the UK. Or even before... :unsure:

Digi;

Torchwood isn't shown here, at least not on the North Coast...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.