Any Leonard Cohen Fans??

Pain_Man

I heard this song when I was married to my first wife (that means it was before, uh, 1994; yeah, I know, I'm dating myself).

The (late) Cohen was appearing on Austin City Limits a PBS*--and it was a fantastic show. It was the first time I'd even heard of him and I was amazed. Unfortunately, back then, I was too poor to buy any of his albums.

Anyway, the line from the Cohen song is:

...in a hallway where love's never been.../

If anyone knows which song this belongs to, my gratitude will overfloweth. I'll even name my second born after you.

Found a great site for song lyrics: http://www.lyricsspot.com/

*(if you don't know, PBS is sorta/kinda/a l'il bit like the BBC, in that it is far, FAR, FAAAAAR left, and stands for "Public Broadcasting System" and is, partially, gov't supported; even tho' the Feds only supply 10% of its budget). Despite PBS' essentially Soviet politics, they do show some good stuff and Austin City Limits is one of them. (Johnny Cash did a fantastic performance back in '85; all the more interesting because it was the lowest point in his career since he kicked the pills back in the late Sixties).

Greetings pm...the following is a quote from the song you're interested in, I think, not any personal feeling I have for you...

Oh, I want you, I want you, I want you

On a chair with a dead magazine

In the cave at the tip of the lily

In some hallway where love’s never been

On a bed where the moon has been sweating

In a cry filled with footsteps and sand

If its that then its...Take This Waltz.

If you're naming children after me then you'll be glad to know that Altercuno is old English for...Old C***.

THANK YOU!!!!

14-15 years it took me to finally nail that sucker down. I'm firing up iTunes soon as I post this.

Greetings pm...the following is a quote from the song you're interested in, I think, not any personal feeling I have for you...

Oh, I want you, I want you, I want you

On a chair with a dead magazine

In the cave at the tip of the lily

In some hallway where love’s never been

On a bed where the moon has been sweating

In a cry filled with footsteps and sand

If its that then its...Take This Waltz.

If you're naming children after me then you'll be glad to know that Altercuno is old English for...Old C***.

I love the John Cale cover of "Hallelujah" (it's in Shrek 1). The solo piano and his haunting baritone make for one amazing recording.

I finally found a CD with that track on it. Apple has it on iTunes but you have to buy the entire soundtrack album for Scrubs to get it. They won't sell it as an individual track.

Firey and I like "Dance Me To The End of Love". :)

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.