Thanks

james009

• 1 month later...

I really just joined the forum to pass on my thanks and admiration for ImgBurn. I did drop ten bucks in the donate bucket, but wanted to add words of appreciation as well.

It's hard to believe that such high quality work gets funded purely by donations and man, I am truly grateful for the effort.

Glenn Caleval

First: Sorry about my bad english.

Hi!

Your english is good, my english is really bad :( (I`m russian).

I want to say thanks for the ImgBurn and ask about DVDDecrypter, what with it.

First: Sorry about my bad english.

Hi!

Your english is good, my english is really bad :( (I`m russian).

It was stopped for legal reasons. Search the web to find out more details.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I have to throw in my thanks too. I particularly love the messages I got telling me what I was doing wrong!

• First one telling me that my ISO didn't take into account the transition between layers properly.
  • Then when I switched to using ImgBurn to create the ISO (instead of letting my DVD authoring tool do it) it told me I forgot to add a volume label, and created one for me.
  • Then it told me off for trying to burn the .iso, telling me I should have chosen the .mds instead. Fantastic!

I particularly love that it didn't try to tell me why I should be using the mds, it just told me the right thing to do and let me carry on with my life. As a programmer myself I really appreciate how it can be so easy to bury this sort of thing deep in documentation instead of making the program "just work", or even thinking that a user might make this mistake at all. Kudos to the developer!

That is one terrific (first) post quietbritishjim. So often, what you find in a support forum are simply questions as to why things went wrong (which we are here to answer, of course), or uneducated minds blaming the program for the ails of their (burning) life, as well as dredging up old suggestions over and over again that the author has said he doesn't want to implement and requests for new features to make ImgBurn look work like Ner0 (:wacko:)

Of course, there's plenty of nice words like yours, too, and for those, we are all very grateful.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I'm generally not a "me too" person, but I registered primarily to add my thanks to the knowledge base for putting this program together.

I got tired of not being able to burn movies to DVD that were downloaded on my computer via my newsreader since there's no magic box taking USB output from a computer to analog in on my Panasonic DVD burner/player in my entertainment system.

Found a good buy on a HP internal DVD burner for my Compaq last week and already know I don't like the Nero software that came with it. As soon as I finish reading all the FAQs and white papers here, I plan to delete everything Nero and go with ImgBurn and the standalone Lightscribe software.

Thus, no doubt I'll be sharing logs and asking for advice.

I've been on numerous boards such as this and must say this one seems to be one of the most civil and helpful I've ever run across. And I'm no spring chicken.

Thanks again and I look forward to learning much more about DVD burning from all of you as time goes by.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.