NOT playing a sound after fast erasing RW media

emtec666

I'm used to the success sound after burning media and I like it.

I don't have to hear it however after a successful fast erase of rewritable media. The job only takes a few seconds and I always forget to turn it off. Of course it can now only be turned on/off as a global setting.

So could the success/failure sounds be turned off for these jobs only and keeping them for other processes?

Of course the priority for this request should be very low as it is not very important to the functioning of ImgBurn, but I thought I could mention it. Maybe it can be done easily (not a programmer).

Cheers and thanks for a great program.

Done for 2.4.1.0

I also decided it shouldn't play the sound if it's erasing before the burn (but I think that's taken care of by code elsewhere... can't remember).

Oh and that if it's a manual erase, when you click the 'ok' button in the 'success' message the sound stops - just as it does when burning completes etc.

Done for 2.4.1.0

I also decided it shouldn't play the sound if it's erasing before the burn (but I think that's taken care of by code elsewhere... can't remember).

Oh and that if it's a manual erase, when you click the 'ok' button in the 'success' message the sound stops - just as it does when burning completes etc.

Nice, just to be clear: I knew about the OK button stopping the sound, I always do a fast manual erase before burning RW media. So are you saying the sound will still play in that case (manual fast erase) if you don't press the OK button in 2.4.1.0? The point is I don't want to press the OK button in such a case (yes I'm lazy) :)

You do realise that doing that is totally pointless yeah?

You can't burn to -RW media without quick erasing (which the program does automatically anyway) and for +RW a quick erase is exactly the same as writing the image (it just writes 0's to the first 800 sectors).

The point I made about the OK button is that during erase, clicking OK did NOT stop the sound. So it would always play the entire way through regardless.

I've added checkbox options for 'read' / 'write' / 'verify' / 'quick erase' / 'full erase' (all ticked by default). So you'd just untick the 'quick erase' one and then the sound wouldn't play at all after that operation.

Wow, more options by the minute. I usually turn off the success sound, but always like the error sound, then I know if something went wrong. Kind of a No News is Good News way of burning. The Blonde saying "Oh No!" really gets the point across too. The little tune on success kinda scares the crap out of me. I used to have a download accelerator app that played the Jurassic Park T-Rex Roar on Completion...that was pretty cool. I think a voice like a Butler or something saying the disc is ready would be cool.

=)) =)) =)) I love it!

Btw, if memory serves me correct, that "oh no" included with ImgBurn is from Microsuck Golf 1.0 Multimedia Edition. A month or two ago I made a backup of this ancient game, and decided to listen to all the wav's on it. Am I correct? (That's wet, That's in the trees, Be the club!).

Edited by JasonFriday13

State of the art burning program nicking stuff from ancient M$ golf game? :P That will never do... :D

Ok here's a suggestion...choice of success/failure jingles built into prog, or ability to customise/add your own. How about being able to upload a ringtone or some such...

Edited by Altercuno

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.