Slow burning time

Steel_Nuttz

In the last couple of weeks, it has been taking a REALLY long time to burn ISO images with imgburn. A full size dvd used to take me about 15 minutes to burn with imgburn, now, dvds are taking me about an hour and a half. I know that the buffers seem to be jumping up and down instead of staying close to 100%, but i have no idea what's going on.

If anyone could provide some help, I'd really appreciate it. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling imgburn, but that didn't work...

In the last couple of weeks, it has been taking a REALLY long time to burn ISO images with imgburn. A full size dvd used to take me about 15 minutes to burn with imgburn, now, dvds are taking me about an hour and a half. I know that the buffers seem to be jumping up and down instead of staying close to 100%, but i have no idea what's going on.

If anyone could provide some help, I'd really appreciate it. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling imgburn, but that didn't work...

Check your DMA.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/dvdguide005.html

Internal or external burner?

If internal;

In that guide Dialysis1 posted - in the last part there is suggestion to;

Sometimes the DMA/PIO mode "sticks" and won't change when you try to select DMA.

You can delete the secondary channel IDE controller from Control Panel. Then reboot your system and the system will reinstall the controller when you reboot. This often fixes this problem.

Have you tried that?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.