making a bootable cd from aa xp floppy

timss

Could you explain further what you want to do? You have a bootable floppy image that you want to use to create a bootable XP CD? Do you have a non-bootable XP CD? Maybe we can add boot functionality to that CD. We can even slipstream XP SP2 to that CD ;)

Could you explain further what you want to do? You have a bootable floppy image that you want to use to create a bootable XP CD? Do you have a non-bootable XP CD? Maybe we can add boot functionality to that CD. We can even slipstream XP SP2 to that CD ;)

how to extract the image from the floppy and burn it on to a cd.

yim

without having a floppy drive to read floppy disc it to computer your cannot.

try searching in google for how to create bootable xp from non bootable etc

I think i need the drive i have the contents of the floppy in a folder i just need to know how to get imgburn to extract the image and burn it to a cd

tim

I think i need the drive i have the contents of the floppy in a folder i just need to know how to get imgburn to extract the image and burn it to a cd

Do you have a disk image of that floppy or the files that are in it? If you have access to a computer with a floppy drive, you could use ImgBurn in that computer to read your floppy to a disk image, which can then be used to make a bootable CD. All the magic is under the Advanced/Bootable Disc tabs of ImgBurn's Build mode ;)

Do you have a disk image of that floppy or the files that are in it? If you have access to a computer with a floppy drive, you could use ImgBurn in that computer to read your floppy to a disk image, which can then be used to make a bootable CD. All the magic is under the Advanced/Bootable Disc tabs of ImgBurn's Build mode ;)

I have access to the details on the floppy yes i have them in a folder on my hard disk thing is i do not have a floppy drive. do i need acress to a floppy drive if i have the files from the floppy?

tims

'Files' aren't bootable. You have to do special things when you copy them to a real floppy disc to make it bootable. So without the disc / drive you're out of luck.

Get yourself a usb floppy drive, you can probably pick one up for £10 or something. They're quite handy to have.

Failing that, download an already bootable floppy disc image and try using WinImage or something to manipulate it and add the files that you need on there.

'Files' aren't bootable. You have to do special things when you copy them to a real floppy disc to make it bootable. So without the disc / drive you're out of luck.

Get yourself a usb floppy drive, you can probably pick one up for £10 or something. They're quite handy to have.

Failing that, download an already bootable floppy disc image and try using WinImage or something to manipulate it and add the files that you need on there.

ok thanks i will

tim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.