DL rewritable discs?

dbminter

Do they make double layer rewritable discs, DVD+RW DL or DVD-RW DL? I've seen them supposedly supported in the capabilities list of my drives but I've not seen any samples yet to use. And, if they do make them, where in the US can I order some? Thanks!

When I bought my 4167B, asked the guy if there is such a think as a DL RW, he said yes they will be coming out soon. Yeah right, I don't drink Tui, it's been just over two years since >_< .

Well, as it turns out, my drives DON'T support DVD-RW DL and DVD+RW DL discs! :doh: Well, the external drive may support them, but, it's not worth a look turning it on to check. :)

Edit: decided to turn on the power to the external to check, but, I don't expect much as it is a drive that is older in terms of product number versus one that is internally installed. And, yep, there's no support. :)

devicecapabilitiesjf8.png

Just have a look at my LG GSA 4167B, it also supports DVD-RW DL :).

CHEEKY! :teehee:

Besides, I tend to avoid LG drives as LG has jokingly been referred to as Lucky Good for you if the drive works right. :thumbup: I had a few rebadged LG drives that were fine except for Playstation 2 DVD playback. Random skips that other drives didn't produce. Of course, I can't really blame the drive as the Playstation 2 is a really lousy DVD player when it comes to writable discs.

Yes, I would agree about the PS2. I have noticed skips here and there during playback, not so with my new writer. Unfortunately, its the only standalone DVD player I have, so I have to make do. It was one of the last big versions when the slimline version came out (I bought mine Feb 2004).

For a while, the PS 2 was my only DVD player, too. That was one of the main selling points why I got one. I didn't have a DVD player, it played the old games as well as the new games, and still played CD's. (My Playstation 1 was my first CD player ever, believe it or not.) I was one of those who pre-ordered early and got mine when everyone was selling theirs on eBay. :) I should have probably done the same but decided I'd rather keep it and be able to say I have what everyone else wants. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.