extracting a image from a iso on a disk

timss

I have an iso on a cd when i look in iso buster there is a blue floppy icon when i click on it it gives the following info

bootcatalog.cat 2.0kb

bootimage.img 1.41 mb

how to extract this image with imgburn and copy it to another cd?

tim

ImgBurn extracts it from drives only. So mount the image in your DAEMON Tools virtual drive (which you might need to install of course!) and then point the 'Extract Boot Image' bit in build mode at that virtual drive and click the blue floppy disc picture.

Keep an eye on what it says in the log when you extract it because you'll need to enter that info when you use it again in a new image.

ImgBurn extracts it from drives only. So mount the image in your DAEMON Tools virtual drive (which you might need to install of course!) and then point the 'Extract Boot Image' bit in build mode at that virtual drive and click the blue floppy disc picture.

Keep an eye on what it says in the log when you extract it because you'll need to enter that info when you use it again in a new image.

thanks for the software which i downloaded

my disk is in drive D the virtual drive is drive 0:(E)

when i point the bootimage to E it starts to extract but at the same time a box comes up that says

its likely that the selected file is write protected

in use by another program

or the folder does sn;t exist

turn wite protect off or close the other application

what should i do here please?

You have an ISO (as an actual file) stored on a disc?

You need to mount the ISO in daemon tools so the virtual drive will then show its contents.

Then point imgburn at the virtual drive (E:) and extract the boot image from it.

thanks for your post

you wrote

hen point imgburn at the virtual drive (E:) and extract the boot image from it.

there 6 selections on the new imgburn menu which one is the correct one please

tim

This was already mentioned in your other thread.

You need Build mode, then click the 'Advanced' tab, then the 'Bootable Disc' one.

'Extract Boot Image' is on that one.

what about this or am i incoorect

extract the floppy image from the cd to my desktop with iso buster

then launch imgburn then menu write/choose ifloppy image and burn?

tims

You can but ImgBurn actually provides you the info in the log window exactly as you need to then input it for building your new disc.

Without that info you need to guess it correctly yourself - and judging by your current questions, you're not quite at that level yet.

You can but ImgBurn actually provides you the info in the log window exactly as you need to then input it for building your new disc.

Without that info you need to guess it correctly yourself - and judging by your current questions, you're not quite at that level yet.

thanks for your post

you wrote:

info in the log window exactly as you need to then input it for building your new disc.

a)what info?

b)then input?

c)buliding new disc?

can you just tell me more simple what the above three points mean please

i have a bootimage.img on a disk which i have extracted to my desktop i need to burn the image to a disk

i must be missing something here, but thanks for answering the three points above.

tim

a. When you use the 'Extract Boot Image' option in ImgBurn ('Build' mode -> 'Advanced' tab -> 'Bootable Disc' tab), this is what gets up in the log (JUST an example)....

I 16:41:51 Creating Boot Image...
I 16:41:51 Original Emulation Type: None (Custom)
I 16:41:51 Original Developer ID: Microsoft Corporation
I 16:41:51 Original Load Segment: 07C0
I 16:41:51 Original Sectors To Load: 4
I 16:41:51 Wrote 2,048 bytes to boot image file.
I 16:41:51 Operation Successfully Completed!

b. If you look at the other controls on the 'Bootable Disc' tab you'll see that the info in the log (from step a) fits in with it perfectly.

c. You want to create a new (bootable) disc yeah?! In ImgBurn that's known as 'Building'.

a. When you use the 'Extract Boot Image' option in ImgBurn ('Build' mode -> 'Advanced' tab -> 'Bootable Disc' tab), this is what gets up in the log (JUST an example)....

b. If you look at the other controls on the 'Bootable Disc' tab you'll see that the info in the log (from step a) fits in with it perfectly.

c. You want to create a new (bootable) disc yeah?! In ImgBurn that's known as 'Building'.

thanks for your help on this now there is one guy who sent me this email and want to know if what he is saying corresponds to what you have said. please understand his english is not the best. rescue.iso is the iso mentioned in the first thread of this post.

--------------------------------------------email below

You first may load the rescue.iso in ImgBurn. Then, find the "Advanced" tab and there - bootable options, and it will contain option "Extract floppy image" -so extract it and save as floopy.ima, for example.

Then create a new project in ImgBurn - and go to the same tab, and choose bootable image as "Floppy" and *Load* the floopy.ima you saved.

Then you'll have empty project with the same bootable track as original rescue.iso.

Then you may add any you own data files (e.g., music or photos) - and burn it (do it with RW, I succeded only in the third time...)

And then such CD appeared for me to be bootable.

--------------------------------------

tim

No, it doesn't.

ImgBurn can't extract the bootable bit from an image, it has to come from a drive.

That's where DAEMON Tools comes in.

We've been over this several times now.

If you just do what I've said it'll be done in 5 minutes, you're making things hard for yourself by looking into it too much.

No, it doesn't.

ImgBurn can't extract the bootable bit from an image, it has to come from a drive.

That's where DAEMON Tools comes in.

We've been over this several times now.

If you just do what I've said it'll be done in 5 minutes, you're making things hard for yourself by looking into it too much.

thanks for your continued help on this, here is what i have done sorry for making a mountain out of a mole hill.

what i did was extracted the boot image to my desktop with ISO buster.

Daemon opened on virtual E drive and it is now showing the disk icon as the boot image.

I am in build mode and advanced .

now under bootable disk which i inserted a tick in that box .

under options emulation is the floppy image boot image c/bootimage.img

develope ID + ? (NOT SURE WHAT TO PLACE HERE)

then extract boot image = CDROM(E:)

blank CD in cd ROM D drive.

what should i do next ?

You need to forget about isobuster, that stage has been replaced by the daemon tools bit.

Take the original image (the one with the boot image inside it) and mount that in DT.

Then in ImgBurn -> Build mode -> Advanced tab -> Bootable Disc tab, select the virtual drive (E: ?) in the Extract Boot Image' drop down box and click the blue floppy disc.

That'll get you the boot image from the image and also give you all the info you need in the log window (open it via the 'View' menu if you've closed it).

Then you'll have info like the stuff I posted earlier.

i.e.

Use the info in the log to fill out all the other fields on that 'Bootable Disc' tab.

You need to forget about isobuster, that stage has been replaced by the daemon tools bit.

Take the original image (the one with the boot image inside it) and mount that in DT.

Then in ImgBurn -> Build mode -> Advanced tab -> Bootable Disc tab, select the virtual drive (E: ?) in the Extract Boot Image' drop down box and click the blue floppy disc.

That'll get you the boot image from the image and also give you all the info you need in the log window (open it via the 'View' menu if you've closed it).

Then you'll have info like the stuff I posted earlier.

i.e.

Use the info in the log to fill out all the other fields on that 'Bootable Disc' tab.

ok thanks

there is a image in my c drive this is the information:

I 11:47:48 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 11:47:48 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:47:48 Total Physical Memory: 1,032,464 KB - Available: 703,120 KB

W 11:47:48 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 11:47:48 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:47:48 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:47:48 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD±RW!

I 11:56:07 Operation Started!

I 11:56:07 Source Drive: E:\

I 11:56:07 Boot Image File: C:\BootImage.ima

I 11:56:07 Creating Boot Image...

I 11:56:07 Original Emulation Type: Floppy Disk (1.44 MB)

I 11:56:07 Original Developer ID: Unknown

I 11:56:07 Wrote 1,474,560 bytes to boot image file.

I 11:56:07 Operation Successfully Completed!

so now i want to burn it to a disk

what do i place in the boot image box? the path to the boot image on my desktop i think

then developer ID leave it blank

then burn the image from the place in imgburn in the same menu i mean .

tim

Select 'Floppy Disk (1.44 MB)' for the emulation type.

For the 'Boot Image' you want the 'C:\BootImage.ima' one that ImgBurn just made.

Leave the 'Developer ID' empty.

Add any other files you want on the CD to the 'Source' box on the left and then hit the write/build button.

Select 'Floppy Disk (1.44 MB)' for the emulation type.

For the 'Boot Image' you want the 'C:\BootImage.ima' one that ImgBurn just made.

Leave the 'Developer ID' empty.

Add any other files you want on the CD to the 'Source' box on the left and then hit the write/build button.

i think the answer to this is yes

but i just make sure

I have added a folder to the source box and just before burning this window appeared

you've only seletcted 1 folder

then if gies the path to that folder

does the "programs folder represent the root directory of the image content?

otherwise the programs folder will bbe visable in the root directory of the image

tim

I can't possibly answer that. Only you know what you want.

This of it this way...

You have a folder on your hdd called:

C:\My Folder.

'My Folder' contains the files 'My Files'.

When you burn the disc, to lets say drive F:, do you want it to turn out like:

F:\My Folder - which contains 'My Files'

or do you want

F:\ - which contains 'My Files'.

So if 'C:\My Folder' should become 'F:\' (rather than F:\My Folder), you need to click 'Yes'. Otherwise click 'No'.

• 4 months later...

I installed daemon tools lite 4.30 :) and tried to install DTPro4120222Basic.exe Won't install. :blush:

I have mounted my iso and want to -point the 'Extract Boot Image' bit in build mode at that virtual drive-

I can't find this option.

Who can help?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum, kostenzer! :)

In Build Mode and the tab Advanced -> Bootable disc

mode321.png

Extract Boot Image

Insert the media that holds the boot sectors to be extracted and press the extract mode604.png button and then select a place to save the extracted boot image to.

If you now look in the log, this is what gets up in there (just an example).

I 00:00:00 Boot Image File: J:\BootImage.ima
I 00:00:00 Creating Boot Image...
I 00:00:00 Original Emulation Type: None (Custom)
I 00:00:00 Original Developer ID: Microsoft Corporation
I 00:00:00 Original Load Segment: 07C0
I 00:00:00 Original Sectors To Load: 4
I 00:00:00 Wrote 2 048 bytes to boot image file.
I 00:00:00 Operation Successfully Completed!

This information is then to be used for the other options in the 'Bootable Disc' window.

• 10 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.