Getting Started

Claude-Louis

From my endless searching, it seems as if though I have finally found the right software to help me burn disc's as playable backups.

Unfortunately, I am so new to burning that I do not know what is being talked about in most of the threads here.

As I do not want my lack of knowledge to hinder me from getting started, I decided to download ImgBurn and read through the guides so that I can get a hands-on learning experience.

Here is where I find my first stumbling block: First, I am trying to download v2.4.0.0 from the homepage and I have seven different "mirror" options. I do not know which to choose. Are they all the same? Second, I think I need to download a translation, but I see neither English nor French as an option. Does this mean that English is the default and I should skip this step? Finally, I noticed additional software selections at the bottom of the download screen. Are these merely suggestions?

I am already in possession of AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD. I would like to use ImgBurn for BD-RE and I am thankful for any advice given that will help me start down the right path.

Hi and welcome to the forum, Claude-Louis! :)

1. It's the same version from all mirrors. It's just if some mirror is down - there are others to download from.
  2. British-English is default and already included in the program when you install it.
  3. French is still untranslated.
  4. If you run Windows XP/Vista - no need to install those "software selections" - they are there for Windows 95/98/Me.

Let us know what the results are if you have problems when you try your first burn, by posting the log files that you will find in the application under

Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

In those log files will be details about the process as well as your burners that will help determine what type they are, and enable you to find the latest firmware updates for the drives themselves, which can often be key to successful burning. Also very important is to not be cheap when buying CD's and DVD's, as it all comes down to spending a little more money on better quality media, and a lot less time troubleshooting problems because of a bad quality product.

Good luck!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.