"Tracking Server Failure" on Verbatim DL

urbanriot

I recently upgraded to Imgburn 2.4.0.0 from 2.3.2.0 and started experiencing a number of these - "W 10:38:02 Failed to Write Sectors 1961440 - 1961471 - Tracking Servo Failure" with Verbatim stamped MKM-001-00 DVD+R DL. I was initially having these problems with my latest firmware Plextor PX-716SA, so I started burning with a brand new LG H20LS10 with firmware FL00 and am receiving the same problems. I put the Plextor in a different system with different specs and still occasionally receive this error, about 1 in 5 discs.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Could I have a couple 'bad' spindles of Verbatim DL's?

Are they Made in India? Which speed(s) are you burning them at?

I peeled off the wrapper after I purchased them, and have no way to answer that now.

Burning at 2.4x.

I just went out and bought a spindle of Verbatim MKM-001-00 made in Singapore... will see how those go. If my problems are from the Verbatims, it will be the first time I've ever had quality issues with Verbatim discs. I don't often scour this or other forums, regarding optical drives, media, software, etc. so I had no idea quality varied from the originating country.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.