Any idea ? Erasing stuck at 100%

BlizzardUK

For some reason I am suffering from a very annoying problem with my new GGW-H20L drive. Now given the expense of the discs I only have 2, one is a Verbatim BD-RE disc and the other just a write once BD-R. It worked fine for 2 weeks, except for a conflict with a Creative driver (the drive tray kept opening and closing, this was found to be a Creative Labs driver for Xi-Fi conflicting with it, so I ended the task). Now all of a sudden I can't erase the disc, I have erased it approx 8 times so far and up to this point it was fine and worked, I am sure it can be erased more then that. I can't see any scratches. I have tried various software to erase it, but they all get stuck at 100 percent, including ImgBurn, and then I can't do anything on my PC, no software will load, so I have to reset my PC. The reason I am posting here, is because I think you guys are probably the smartest out of all the forums I know, so although the problem happens with all writing software this forum is the place I think can fix it.

Is it likely to be the disc at fault (I can't try another at the moment due to the

Edited by BlizzardUK

Thanks for info. I will buy another disc then I guess.

I just tried the Discovery Mode as suggested, and it went incredibly slowly at 0.1 and 0.2 speed and then now has got stuck at 9%. For about 20 minutes it has been stuck at 9%, sadly I am not getting an error message, just a 0 speed with no movement. Would I be write in thinking this sounds more disc based then hardware ? As I am a bit paranoid my unit may be faulty, as obviously I would prefer it to be the disc if anything. I don't think I know any shops around here that sell BD discs, so I will have to await postage.

P.S : See image attached (also yes, I did disable AnyDVD).

Thanks for your help !!

post-8671-1205596651_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.