Imgburn 2.4 audio cd not working

vikyboss

I made a cue sheet from audio files and burnt it to a cd-r. Then i tried to play it in toyota camry 2000 model car. It did not play, automatically the player ejects the cd. I tried a lot software, finally i ended using imgburn, but it also fails me, i wasted two cds. Please tell me what is the problem and what is the solution. Thanks. :blush:

could you post a log? what kind of cds are you using? what files types are you trying to burn(mp3, ogg, flac etc..)? did your burner read the cd as an audio cd?

I am using hp cd-r cds. I am trying to burn mp3 files. I created cue file first then i opened the file using imgburn and burnt and wasted cds.

Try that disc on a DVD player and see if it recognizes it as an Audio CD. If it does and plays OK, then your car's radio doesn't like CD-Rs or it doesn't like the ones you're using. By the way, at what speed have you burnt that disc?

Get an original audio cd read to bin. Then burn that to the same cdr @16x or less if that does not play try another brand of cdr . If it still does not work give up or change cd player

I already used same brand cd to make audio cd using SONIC digital media, which worked fine in my car player. But changing a software caused all this trouble. I used 2.4 X speed to burn. Thanks.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 - Log

; Monday, 17 March 2008, 19:01:33

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 19:01:27 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 19:01:27 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 19:01:27 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,492 KB - Available: 1,458,776 KB

W 19:01:27 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 19:01:27 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:01:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:01:27 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Care to go into more detail?

Where will it not find the tracks?

If it's after you've created your CUE and are loading it up again, it's probably because it's a unicode character. The program defaults to saving the CUE in ANSI format as that's all some programs (not ImgBurn though) will read.

Yes it is after the cue sheet has been created and loads it up again.

it happens when i save the cue sheet outside of the folder where the songs are located...so the cue sheet points to the songs in the folder with the unicode character...its not a big deal though...it works just fine if i save the cue sheet in the folder containing the songs...i just noticed it when i was gonna burn some songs from different folders :balloon:

Edited by SerpentKing

If you save the CUE file outside of the folder with the songs in it the program should automatically include full pathnames to the files. If you move it manually that'll obviously cause a problem where it can't find them full stop.

If the full path name includes unicode characters you'll run into the problem where it won't be able to open the files.

If you have no intention of using the CUE file in other programs you can tell ImgBurn to always save in unicode format via the settings window.

If you save the CUE file outside of the folder with the songs in it the program should automatically include full pathnames to the files. If you move it manually that'll obviously cause a problem where it can't find them full stop.

If the full path name includes unicode characters you'll run into the problem where it won't be able to open the files.

If you have no intention of using the CUE file in other programs you can tell ImgBurn to always save in unicode format via the settings window.

Hai, when i tried to run that audio cds in my home cd cd player, it says, bad disc. What may be the problem? . I just created a simple cue and then burned it, i never included path names. I made a cue from songs then saved to desktop then burnt it. Please tell me what the real problem is. Thanks.

Does it play in the PC via media player?

On my god, my cds are not wasted, it says blank cd. Thanks God. Thanks lightning. And I have a question. Should I check full path name and queue thing when burning, does it affect the cd?. I dont know why it is blank, it burned and ejected the cds, but I really don't know why it never burned. Thanks. I saw it says a pregap before starting reading the disc, but softwares like burrrn, does not allow pre gap. Is it in imgburn? also, when running cd in car player, sometime suddenly skips a part, made with sonic, does imgburn also have that problem?

How you have the options set depends on how you like to work.

If you want all the CUE's in one folder and the audio files in another, you need the preserve full pathnames option ticked or it won't be able to find the files (it only looks in the current folder for them).

If you want to burn the CUE straight away, yes add it to the queue via the appropriate checkbox.

Skipping is where the player can't read the disc. The only way to get away from that is to use decent media.

Taiyo Yuden probably make the best CD's. They're all I ever use.

btw if your discs are coming out blank, make sure you don't have the 'Test Mode' option ticked in the main window.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.