Burning very slow...

amanito

Thanks I downloaded the translation file. But if I put my DVD +RW discs in another burner then they will still burn at 15 min? But if I buy new DVD +RW's it's not going to be the same issue?
Yes, they will still burn at the same max rate 4x. It's not the burner that is the limit - it's the discs. You should be able to find 8x +RW discs or 6x -RW discs in certain shops and those should burn faster. But they are more expensive than the 4x discs.

Ja, de vill fortfarande br

Doing this so Volvo can follow the thread. :P

But they used to burn faster than 4x? so if you burn a lot with them that limits them?

Based on the logs you posted (even from the Sunday) none burned faster than 4x. So even if you burn them a lot - that shouldn't slow them down.

If you put the discs in ImgBurns Write mode s

The only thing that I can think of that made the burns on those 4x discs to be 6 min in time - is that you only burned a small amount of data to them. That will lower the burning time - but the burn speed should still be 4x.

Det enda som jag kan t

Doing this so Volvo can follow the thread. :P

But they used to burn faster than 4x? so if you burn a lot with them that limits them?

Based on the logs you posted (even from the Sunday) none burned faster than 4x. So even if you burn them a lot - that shouldn't slow them down.

If you put the discs in ImgBurns Write mode s

I still have little problem its that when i wanna burn on my princo dvd's and i only can burn on 4x but the disc's support up to 16x, whats the problem? i have the latest firmware for my burner and on my brothers pc and burner i can burn up to 16x with them...anyone know whats the problem?

i wanna burn on my princo dvd's and i only can burn on 4x but the disc's support up to 16x, whats the problem?

Mainly, they are junk.

But probably, the firmware for the media code on your burner only supports 4x. Check the log for supported speeds with this burner.

Regards

i wanna burn on my princo dvd's and i only can burn on 4x but the disc's support up to 16x, whats the problem?

Mainly, they are junk.

But probably, the firmware for the media code on your burner only supports 4x. Check the log for supported speeds with this burner.

Regards

no they are not junk... i always burn on them and this is the first time something like this happend...like i said my burner can support up to 48x burning speed so its not the disc's problem and i have the newest firmware for the burner

What does it say for 'Supported Write Speeds' on those discs?

You can't force your burner to go any quicker than it's programmed for.

Princo ARE junk, they always have been.

48x is clearly on CD's.

20x is the maximum currently available on DVD's and that only on the best media (by default anyway).

What does it say for 'Supported Write Speeds' on those discs?

You can't force your burner to go any quicker than it's programmed for.

Princo ARE junk, they always have been.

48x is clearly on CD's.

20x is the maximum currently available on DVD's and that only on the best media (by default anyway).

it says they are supported up to 16x...but on my brothers pc who is little older the burner support up to 16x with princo discs so i cant understand why they are junk..

They are junk because they use inferior dye, saometimes producing bad burns, othertimes just degrading into rubbish. The rated speed has nothing to do with the quality.

Stop arguing and get some decent media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatims. It costs only a little more.

Regards

They are junk because they use inferior dye, saometimes producing bad burns, othertimes just degrading into rubbish. The rated speed has nothing to do with the quality.

Stop arguing and get some decent media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatims. It costs only a little more.

Regards

lol apperantly you dont understand but i am getting help in another forum..thx anyway

Regards

lol apperantly you dont understand but i am getting help in another forum..thx anyway

And the CD Freaks folks are also telling you the media is rubbish. Hopefully, you will listen to someone.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.