Logs of slow burns.

dr_ml422

Check out these logs. If you see anything that might contribute to the slow burns then just suggest any possible solutions.

/****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 - Log

; Saturday, 22 March 2008, 14:20:16

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 13:34:13 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 13:34:13 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 13:34:13 Total Physical Memory: 2,086,988 KB - Available: 1,768,800 KB

I 13:34:13 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:34:13 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:34:15 Found 2 DVD

I 22:24:20 Write Speed: 8x

I 21:56:07 Average Write Rate: 6,146 KB/s (4.4x) - Maximum Write Rate: 11,185 KB/s (8.1x)

Edit: You need to change the Write Speed in DVDFab's settings under 'DVD/Burn'. I think it defaults to 'Recommended' speed.

:)

Are you multitasking during the burn?

Not really. Like I mentioned in the other thread I only had my back-up copy app. minimized w/the original in another tray. I would then open Imgburn and click on write image file and then it would search 4 the drive w/blank media. I'll then hit the file folder click on the .iso and hit write. It would come up w/"trying to lock the drive" and I would have to hit continue. It then would proceed. Couple of times I would get what you just saw and the rest were at 8x.

I'm going to check the burn setting Cynthia suggested. Just was curious cause I read in another forum that shr..k was updated to include Imgburn as an automatic burning tool like it did w/Nero. If in fact this is true which I was mostly guaranteed it wasn't a fraud, then I started thinking if it happened to me w/my separate app. then why wouldn't it happen w/the former seeing it would be coupled and 2 apps. would be open. Loco can you confirm the joining of Imgburn w/Shr..k as a valid upgrade 4 me? Or is this some pirated thingy going on? Would think Lightning has to know about this 4 sure. Thnx.

I 21:56:07 Average Write Rate: 6,146 KB/s (4.4x) - Maximum Write Rate: 11,185 KB/s (8.1x)

Edit: You need to change the Write Speed in DVDFab's settings under 'DVD/Burn'. I think it defaults to 'Recommended' speed.

Hi Cynthia. Cynthia I'm using DVDFab Plat to backup and make the .iso only. I'm burning w/Imgburn. Why would the write speed in DVDFAb affect Imgburn?

I think what happens is that when Imgburn starts looking for the available drive and tries to lock it there occurs a confusion because of DVDFab being minimized w/the flic in the other tray. I noticed on my last burn that both drives were lighting up when I was burning w/imgburn w/my ide sammy.

My sata sammy just had the original flic in it. I put 1 and 1 together and decided to close DVDFab and take the flic out of the other tray b4 burning w/Imgburn.

Ok. just checked the setting in Fab it was on 8x. But I just noticed that Fab included Imgburn as a burning engine. I didn't know this. I was doing it separately. Not all at once.

On that note why does Fab make the copy and then make the .iso? I would think it would just go ahead and make the .iso and just finish there and make it available to w/e we want to do w/it.

Edited by dr_ml422

Post a screenshot of your ImgBurn graph. It seems that it might simply be the drive getting up to your maximum selected speed of 8x (i.e. nothing wrong).

I know the Samsung 20 series doesn't step up real quick on 8x - it just meanders up to 8x at the edge. You might wanna set it to 12x and see how that goes.

Regards

Hi Cynthia. Cynthia I'm using DVDFab Plat to backup and make the .iso only. I'm burning w/Imgburn. Why would the write speed in DVDFAb affect Imgburn?

My bad. Got the impression that you was burning the files directly from the inside of DVDFab by using ImgBurn as the burning engine. :)

Much faster than DVDFab's ISO creation step

I agree completely...

Try here for shirnk w/imgburn

http://my.afterdawn.com/locoeng/

Thnx for the heads up guys on this tip. I've been burning like crazy w/Fab not realising that it integrated Imgburn into its burning engine options. It's faster definitely.

Loco I'll hit this link to brush up on shr..k w/Imgburn.

• 2 weeks later...
Much faster than DVDFab's ISO creation step

I agree completely...

Try here for shirnk w/imgburn

http://my.afterdawn.com/locoeng/

Thnx for the heads up guys on this tip. I've been burning like crazy w/Fab not realising that it integrated Imgburn into its burning engine options. It's faster definitely.

Loco I'll hit this link to brush up on shr..k w/Imgburn.

Loco I downloaded and installed shr..k w/imgburn but I don't see Imgburn in the burn settings or target folder. Just the lil disc w/fire in it under iso. Will it open up Imgburn directly and start to burn?

Hi Cynthia. Ok I read the readme file and followed the directions on there. Still Imgburn doesn't show up in the target device w/.iso burn w/Imgburn. I copied and pasted the file into the shr..k folder and nothing.

Quick update. Just had to re-install shr..k and imgburn then follow the read me file. Everything Ok now. Thnx.

Edited by dr_ml422

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.