update to 2.4.0.0 doesn't work with DVD Flick

jimmied01

I downloaded DVD Flick, which is a great DVD burning program, and it's free. The problem I have is when it's time to burn a file, when imageburn opens, it always asks me if I want to update from 2.3.2.0 to version 2.4.0.0. I agreed to download the newer version and did so, but when burning time comes, it opens to the older version and again asks if I"ll update. The version I have when I open and select about is 2.4.0.0, but it insists on burning with the old version. Any suggestions? It's as if the update didn't take. There is nothing about this in either guide to products. I can't complete any burns without a holdup.

Did a test and as I can understand it - DVDFlick has the old ver 2.3.2.0 bundled inside itself and that is that old versions that starts when the burning is done in DVDFlick.

And as soon as the burning stage starts - the 'update window' starts.

post-20-1206598298_thumb.png

I 07:11:55 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 07:11:55 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 07:11:55 Total Physical Memory: 2 095 616 KB - Available: 1 059 508 KB

I 07:11:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 07:11:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 07:11:55 Found 1 DVD

Indeed......it should probably be setup like DVDS and just have the option for using whatever burn app you prefer via a checkbox or something in options and then direct it to the folder of said app. Basically the same thing LUK said, don't bundle it at all.

bollocks.....email registration link sent to activate account and I can't access it at work. If anyone wants to activate it for me drop a PM and I'll give gmail info to activate the account.

Seems like I mentioned this a long time ago

I just do it all manually anyway

I would rather see if the sound is still in synch before burning, an avi conversion is not always so 100% foolproof

It would seem like I argued against all this cross software integration with other programs also

I prefer the manual method myself chewy. I've activated the account but didn't start a thread because there were a couple of existing ones regarding this issue. Would you still like me to start one there and direct them here to start a dialogue with the author of that program?

The beta of DVD Flick uses 2.4.0.0 so it won't ask for an update.

• Still bundled
  • When the next version of ImgBurn is released, the problem is there again

I sorted the problem out. I went to program files- DVD Flick and replaced Imgburn folder with the newest version and opened Imgburn and checked settings so that it won't look for updates. Thanks for the help.

I think I have the problem licked. I changed the Imgburn file in DVD Flick folder in program files to the newest version. I also unchecked the option to check for updates, changed to never. I'll try it out tonight.

Thanks for the help,

JimmieD01

Hi and welcome to the forum, jimmied01! :)

Did you install ImgBurn in the default folder as C:\Program Files\ImgBurn

I did what you suggested and changed settings to not look for updates. I don't see my replies, so if several of them show up later, forgive me, I'm still a newbie.

Thanks,

jimmied01

Which ensures that if LUK puts out an update tomorrow, you will not get it and will have to wait till Flick bundles it in!

Tick check for updates on again and then don't burn from DVD Flick - author your project and then manually call the "real" ImgBurn.

And, I think someone ought to suggest to DVD Flick that they read the bloody readme and learn to use CLI. It is not rocket science.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.