Burning ISO

ReverendDoctor

Okay I see how to do the "Create Image File From Disc" which rips an ISO of a DVD. It creates 3 files on my hard drive

movie-name.mds

movie-name.I00

movie-name.I01

What I don't understand is how to burn a watchable movie onto a standard 4.6gig disc? Everything I have read here seems like it is a snap to burn a playable DVD from an ISO using ImgBurn but I don't get it. When I go to burn it I get a message saying the file is too large for the disc do I want to continue anyway? What do I need to do get it to fit on a 4.6gig disc? When I used DVD Decrypter it would rip a DVD into a VIDEO_TS folder and then I'd use Nero Recode 2 to compress it to a 4.6gig disc.

Any help is appreciated

Two Ixx files shouldn't take you over the 4.7GB size limit if you use default setting for file size split.

Sure you loaded the .mds file when you tried to burn it? It's a blank DVD disc and not a CD disc you are trying to burn to?

• 2 months later...

Hi

I use dvd flick to convert avi files to mpeg .It does increase the size of the file .Can i use dvd shrink to compress the file ? will it affect the file in any way .If i use nero recode it compress the file in mp4 format which is no good .Please help

Hi

I use dvd flick to convert avi files to mpeg .It does increase the size of the file .Can i use dvd shrink to compress the file ? will it affect the file in any way .If i use nero recode it compress the file in mp4 format which is no good .Please help

Hello Reema;

First - Please do not hi-jack anyone elses thread in order to get yourself heard. When you have an ImgBurn question, figure out what would be the appropriate forum topic to post it under and then start a new thread.

Second - What does any of this have to do with ImgBurn. DVDFlick and Nero Recode both have their own forums and I would imagine that they would be happy to assist you with your questions.

Please post back if you have a legitimate imgBurn problem. :thumbup:

Use Daemon Tools (or similar) to mount the movie-name.mds disc image to a virtual drive. You can then use Nero Recode, DVD Shrink, etc, to re-compress/re-author the disc to make it fit on a common 4.7GB blank DVD :)

OK I still don't get it.

I have Nero V8 (which appears to already include "ImageBurn?) and CloneDVD2. I downloaded ImageBurn standalone and have no trouble (it seems) burning an ISO image to DVD. The problem is that the DVD with the ISO image burned to it is not viewable by my computer DVD player or any of my home DVD players. I've created a group of doorstops. I don't get any error messages, I just can't view the movies (ISO images) that I have burned. Do ISO files have to be converted to VIDEO_TS files before burning? Will ImageBurn do this? I have ConvertX to DVD and AnyDVDConverter, but converting ISO files to DVD files doesn't appear to be one of their functions unless I'm missing something (not at all unlikely) :-). Should I be able to view ISO images as ISO files?

My players all seem to be looking for VIDEO_TS files, and not finding them on the ISO image files I've burned to DVD, the players are telling me "don't even go there!" I need to resolve this because increasingly video files I download are coming in as .iso image files and as of now they are completely useless. :unsure:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.