I/O Error Burning DL Discs

painslayer

I've been searching around on these forums looking for an answer to this problem of mine and im yet to find it, ive updated my drivers for both my rom and my IDE and still receieved nothing.

My discs write 6% then fail. I've tried Imgburn, Alcohol 120%, CloneCD, and Nero. None of these have changed anything so i figure its something to do with my pc in general or something i am missing, because less then a month ago before i had to reformat my computer it LG GSA-H55L worked just fine for burning DVD+R DL 360 games.

I thought it was my burner at the time so i purchased a Pioneer 112D(i was told these work wonders)and a pack of Verbatim's online and it just arrived today. Little to my satisfaction it didnt change anything, the Discs still stop at 6% and fail.

Result: Ive tried,

LG GSA-H55L + Memorex 2.4x = Failure

LG GSA-H55L + Verbatim 2.4x = Failure

Pioneer 112d + Memorex 2.4x =Failure

Pioneer 112d + Verbatim 2.4x = Failure

I dont know what else to do.

This is a Log with Pioneer 112d + Memorex 2.4x

log.txt

The log shows you have DMA issues.

What controller is the drive connected to?

Do you have one of these new motherboard that don't have a proper one built into the southbridge and instead rely on a 3rd party chip from jmicron or someone?

Make sure the drives are configured as 'Master / Slave' and not on Cable Select. Use a decent 80 wire cable and one that's as short as possible.

Uninstall the IDE controller as per the DMA post in the FAQ and reboot.

Once you get that sorted update firmware to 1.05 following the instructions in read me.

If when you update firmware it stops at 10% and then errors out you drive is alive but does not like controller its connected to, put it in usb enclosure try again or another computer/controller and re flash until 100% (the drive will still burn if it fails at 10% the boot code has been updated to indicate your now using firmware 1.05) but your still really on 1.03 and you really should flash again on compatible controller.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.