ImgBurn locks up

Jim Scarpine

Querying current book type settings. This displays when I start burnand locks up.I cant close Imgburn either.I have to do a hard reboot This drive is Liteon SHM-165H6S, latest available firmware. This issue just started.Here is log.

I 15:34:01 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 15:34:01 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 15:34:01 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,620 KB - Available: 1,534,480 KB

I 15:34:01 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:34:01 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:34:01 Found 2 DVD

ok so there's some issue with the booktype stuff then.

The drive still shouldn't lock up though, it should either process the command or error out.

My guess is you can't even use the manual bitsetting stuff without it locking up?

as long as i dont click the burn button,i can do anything in Imgburn.But like I said before,it just started,and decrypter works ok.im at a loss

I thought of that.I uninstalled all me cd/dvd burning software except imgburn and decrypter.I am away from alot,so cant really remember when last time it workd.I do think it hasnt worked yet with the newest version of Imgburn 2.4.0.0 I believe.I even uninstalled both drives, no success. I have not tried uninstalling Imgburn yet.

Jim Scarpine

2.4 is the first version to query the booktype options before a burn so it would make sense that it's never worked.

I'm sure that drive is perfectly capable of bitsetting stuff though so it's a little weird that it hangs.

I think I have that model in my cupboard so I'll dig it out tomorrow and test for myself.

If mine works ok you need to start looking at dodgy drivers. In any case, it might be an idea to look at the filter drivers list and maybe post what you see up here so we can look at it. (Look in the Tools menu)

Ok, I only had SHM-165P6S version (the one without lightscribe I believe) and it doesn't appear to have any problems with the booktype commands - so it would appear something else in your machine is blocking the command.

I 11:10:42 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.11 Beta started!

I 11:10:42 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:10:42 Total Physical Memory: 1,046,964 KB - Available: 421,856 KB

I 11:10:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:10:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:10:42 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem as the OP when burning .iso image files. Just get the message on the status bar "Querying Current 'Status Book' settings...". Left ImgBurn for about 30 minutes just in case the querying process was taking time to complete, but the progres bar stayed at 0%. Both buffers also stayed at 0%.

I then tried to cancel the burn but ImgBurn froze. Then tried to end the task which did end the GUI but ImgBurn.exe was still active in my system processes, and the drive would not eject.

Then I tried to shutdown my PC and it started to go through the motion and Windows just froze.

I to did not have this problem to pre 2.4 releases.

Thanks,

skothk

Hi and welcome to the forum, skothk! :)

You have the same writer - LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165P6S?

Please post a log.

I have a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632D writer. I also noticed that the device driver is a microsoft driver instead of the manufactures driver! Driver date is 2001 >_<

But I just downgraded to ImgBurn v2.3.2.0 and all .iso files burn without isuue. I guess ImgBurn v2.4.x is a little fussy?

I'll try to get the correct DVD device driver and report back.

Thanks,

skothk

• 2 months later...

I have same issue as Jim Scarpine and skothk..

ImgBurn locks up at "Querying Current 'Book Type' Setting".

Computer locks up, cannot End Task. I have to hold power button down for 4+ seconds to shutdown & restart.

I am a first time user of ImgBurn, haven't been able to burn with it yet.

I am currently using Roxio Creator to burn .ISO images, works fine. But I would like to get ImgBurn up and running for features like layer splitting, etc.

--Info--

I have a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632D (from googling, this drive seems to be finicky?)

with latest firmware: DE04

on a Dell OptiPlex 745 with latest Bios, fresh install of Windows XP w/ SP3, latest critical updates, etc.

Computer runs like a champ otherwise. (factory stock, not overclocked or anything)

Primary IDE Channel properties shows Ultra DMA Mode 5

Secondary IDE Channel properties shows Ultra DMA Mode 2

Have tried setting burn speed to 4x in ImgBurn, same results.

Yet Roxio will burn DVDs at 8x no problem.

I use DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.0.5.0 to rip.

I use FixVTS 1.603 to fix.

I use DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 to reauthor and/or compress.

ImgBurn Log File >>

I 14:59:33 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 14:59:33 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 14:59:33 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,632 KB - Available: 1,680,096 KB

I 14:59:33 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:59:33 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:59:33 Found 1 DVD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.