New version of ImgBurn and DVDFlick

Gotta be KD

Hey, I've been using ImgBurn for a few months now along with DVDFlick to make my DVDs. For the most part it was working fine, the only issue I had was a slight annoyance. My DVD burner is connected through USB, so when I'd create my DVD in DVDFlick it would ask me what drive I want to burn on, and my actual DVD drive wouldn't show up. Now I'd continue anyways, and once DVDFlick was done, ImgBurn would pop up automatically and would look to the drive that DVDFlick told it to and stop as it wasn't a DVD drive. However once ImgBurn would open, all I had to do was click on the drop down box and from there select my actual DVD drive and it would continue burning as normal. My first issue is just to somehow figure out how to make it automatically go to the correct drive. This most likely is a DVDFlick issue, so I'll check their website as well.

Secondly now that there is a new version of ImgBurn available, every time ImgBurn opens it tells me that there is a new version available and asks if I want to go to the website to download it, which I've done many times already. However no matter how many times I've downloaded the new software, it always tells me that the new version is available. I just want to be able to open DVDFlick and start burning DVDs without having to actually BE at the computer to tell it where to burn, and that no, I don't want the new version.

Unfortuately this stuff isn't recorded in the programs log, otherwise I would have posted that too. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum, Gotta be KD! :)

Open up ImgBurn and select the writer you want to use, then close the program. This should make DVDFlick to use the writer you want it to use.

Make a copy of the latest version of ImgBurn to this location.

C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\imgburn

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.