audio cd and source samplerate?

smok3

so i went ahead and did that cue file (wav sources), no problems, load in, burn!

after burninating i figured out that some files were 48kHz and they burned just 'fine'.

Well, not a bug, but one could describe that as 'dangerous behaviour'.

Edited by smok3

I'am not saying that you should fix something, but obviously directshow did a bad work (i have just abxed this, comparing cd vs properly resampled version);

foo_abx 1.3.1 report
foobar2000 v0.9.5 beta 3
2008/04/04 13:59:31

File A: cdda://02807223,01
File B: H:\!tmp\shakira-las_de_la_intuicion_CD\44\01 01 shakira-las_de_la_intuicion.wav

13:59:31 : Test started.
14:00:21 : 01/01  50.0%
14:00:31 : 02/02  25.0%
14:00:39 : 03/03  12.5%
14:00:46 : 04/04  6.3%
14:00:52 : 05/05  3.1%
14:01:00 : 06/06  1.6%
14:01:05 : Test finished.

---------- 
Total: 6/6 (1.6%)

and it was really easy (maybe what i have here is borken dshow anyway...)

p.s. windows samplerate conversion quality is set to 'Best'

Sorry, I'm no audio guru and have no idea what this 'abx' stuff is / does.

Technically ImgBurn isn't doing anything wrong, so if there's something wrong with what's on the CD you'll be better off discussing the filters that perform the 48 -> 44khz conversion on a site that's appropriate for such talk (and I'm sure you already know about those!).

Maybe between you, you can find a better filter for such conversions. Of if in doubt, convert it yourself first in whatever program does it best and then burn the converted files.

sure :), actually that is not a problem for me at all (but possible problem for ppl that are less audio savvy).

p.s. I can see that in latest version imgburn is doing scan pass to determine lengths, maybe add a samplerate detector and just warn a user before burning begins? (something like: not all of your files are the proper sample rate of 44.1, but dshow will do the conversion for you, the burning will continue in N seconds.. (or clicky abort))

dunno, maybe they would, trying to convert DVD audio track to CD for example.

edit: anyway, lets see if someone can confirm bad samplerate conversion, maybe it is completely my specific-machine problem.

Edited by smok3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.